Chapter 10

Bianca POV

And now the pin drops.

"You knew Klaus 1500 years ago?" the question rang throughout the room, only to be voiced by the ever inquisitive Stefan.

With the remembrance of reincarnations brought some kind of disdain for the ignorance of people, well maybe just vampires.

That childish, immature view of the world, the idea that moving to a new town could solve all my problems, how naive.

"Yes, I knew Klaus, from his vampiric beginning. You see, when the Original witch and Iyanna created vampires there needed to be a balance. In nature balance is essential."

Crossing my ankles on the Salvatore's ancient coffee table made from the wood of my ancestors, readying myself to re-tell my life story.

"I was created, and I must reiterate my use of this particular verb, when the Original family were turned. Mother Iyanna, as I called her, used the wood of the white oak tree as a weapon to rid the world of those monsters. What the Original witch did not know, however is that Iyanna saw prophesy."

Yes, shocker, I know.

"Iyanna saw the plague vampirism would cast across the land, the burning of the white oak tree, and so she needed another vessel for the vampires destruction. Me. I am the white oak tree, I am part of nature."

The blunt definition of my being seemed to shock them a tad, an understatement.

"And so using a modern phrase, there was some magic mojo and well here I am!" standing up and twirling around to face their shocked faces, still standing in the positions I left them.

Damon looking at me with greedy delight, as if he has just won a prize.

Elena looking amazed and full of strange awe.

Stefan looking frown-y, like usual, that boy thinks too hard.

Jeremy looking - well Jer's mouth was just hanging open.

"Anyway," clapping my hands together "those pesky originals are difficult to catch, I have spent millenia trying to destroy them and only been able to manipulate the mind of Klaus with the idea of locking his family in coffins. Now, that was a close shave,"

Showing them the bite mark on my arm, "Now, children, and yes boys I am talking to you too, you  will not win this."

Damon marches toward me with a face like thunder, "Who are you to make that statement? You're worse than Stefan the bunny hunter, you practically are the bunny!"

"Oh, silly naive, Damon. Did your Father never tell you not to judge a book by its cover?" with a surge of spiritual strength I threw the leather clad beef cake across the room, having 1500 years of knowledge now in my head didn't change my appreciation of the male form.

Stalking to where he hung plunged through the foundation of the wall, I grabbed the front of his shirt in an ironic reflection of our first encounter, stating directly into his ear "Boy, I am 1500 years old in being and truly immortal in spirit, never underestimate me, it'll be the last thing you ever do."

Stepping away from that idiot, I turned full circle to face Elena, Stefan and Jeremy's who seemed in terrified awe.

Well, not so much Jeremy who held his hand up in motion for a high five.

"Bi-bi! That was epic!! I've wanted to do that since the first day I met the guy." turning to see spaced out looks from Elena and Stefan, Jeremy added "Oh, umm do we still call you Bianca or ?"

Smiling brightly with this child's innocence and accepting nature, I stepped towards him cupping his face in my tattooed hands, "Young Mr Gilbert, you may call me anything you wish, but I do have a particular fondness for this name you call me - Bi-bi, right?"

Smiling and nodding, Jeremy put his arm round my shoulder, "Or I could call you The Original Assassin!! It sounds way cooler,"

"I think we'll stick with Bi-bi, Jer, and how about that trip to the Grill?"