Chapter 12: The Other Brothers Elric, Part 2

Al aged 14, Ed and Van aged 15.
Van POV:
I awake to the sound off the door squeaking open and I look over my shoulder. I watch Ed and Al tiptoe but they're soon stopped by Belsio. He stops them and tells him about how he knows they went to the mansion but I'm still drowsy so I don't quite catch it all. Suddenly Elisa is coughing and I'm practically jumping off of the couch to run to her side but on my way, I trip. I realize that I still have a fever but I get up and walk to her bed anyway.

"Get back to the couch. I'll take care of her. Go sleep." Belsio says to me. I do as told but my head hangs low as I walk and my legs feel weak. Suddenly I'm being lifted and I look up to see Ed. He lays me down on the couch, goes to get me water and then goes to talk to Belsio and Al.

I wake up the next day with my fever completely gone. As I realize Ed and Al are gone again, I run to the door to get to the mansion but before I leave, I place a note on Belsio's coffee table.

'My fever is gone and I'm going to help my brothers. I'll be back later and thank you so much for helping me.'

By the time I'm almost there, I see the trees turning green, then red and then they turn blue. And slowly, they crystallize and vanish into the air. I head towards Ed and Al. I see the other two boys with them as well. I hug all of them and give them each a note telling them about how they did good.

Hours later:
As we prepare to leave on the train, Fletcher, Russell and Elisa all come to say goodbye. I hug Elisa through the window and give her a small bracelet and she puts it on. It was a charm bracelet with a red stone on it, a flower and a lemon. It represents my time here. I say goodbye to the three of them and then my brothers do too. The train takes off and we head off while the sun sets on the horizon.

"You think those two will be alright?" Al asks.

"Yeah, they'll be fine. Maybe we will too." Ed answers.