Chapter 2: Moon & Stars

August 2014 (2 Years Later)

Lauren's POV

"Honey, there's only one week left till you leave for Boston. Have you and Lucy decided whether you two want to have a Completion party before leaving?" my mom asked as my family ate dinner.

"We're still deciding," I lied without looking up from my plate and the conversation shifted to my dad's work. I twirled and untwirled my spaghetti, wondering if I should tell them about the past month.

--Flashback--

July 2014 (1 Month Ago)

No One's POV

Lucy and Lauren sat on the hood of Lucy's car at a hidden cliff that over looked the ocean.

"Let's do something spontaneous," Lucy said, passing Lauren the pipe they were sharing.

"Like fucking on the hood of your car?" Lauren asked before lighting up the grass and taking a drag. Lucy pulled her girlfriend close by the shirt and inhaled the smoke that came out of Lauren's mouth, before kissing her gently.

"We did that last week. I meant something crazy and adventurous, like packing a bag and taking off for a few days. But we have camp and it's our last year, so we probably shouldn't skip," Lucy sighed disappointedly.

Lauren knew that her girlfriend was actually really bummed about them going to colleges that were on opposite coasts of the country. Lucy was going to UCLA for pre-law. Originally Lauren was going to join her girl in California, but she got a full-ride scholarship to Boston University for her music and arts double major and sociology and English double minor. Though her parents said they'd support her, full-ride or not, Lauren knew that they still had Chris and Taylor to put through college. So, Lauren chose family over love. Lucy fully supported her decision and even offered to go an east-coast school to be close by. But Lauren knew that UCLA was Lucy's dream school, and there was no way Lucy was going to miss out on her dream because of Lauren.

"Let's become complete," Lauren said softly, caressing Lucy's cheek.

"But I thought you wanted to have a huge ass party with all our family and friends," Lucy said. But her eyes twinkled with excitement.

"I know, but you wanna elope and pull a fucking Romeo and Juliet, even though no one's really against us," Lauren giggled, putting her head on Lucy's shoulder. "I've thought about it, Luce. And since we can't run away for a few days, let's just elope and become complete. That way whenever we miss each other in college, we can look at our completed moon and stars tattoo."

"You're seriously the best girlfriend," Lucy said as she laid her head on top of Lauren's, wrapping her arm around Lauren's waist.

A comfortable silence fell around them as they cuddled. Then Lucy voiced something that'd been bugging her, "We'll be okay in college, right? We're forever?"

Lauren was used to this question. After an argument or whenever one of them was feeling vulnerable, they'd always ask the 'We're forever, right?' question.

"We're forever," Lauren said cutely, nuzzling Lucy's neck. "I love you, babe."

"I love you too," Lucy said with a vulnerable sigh and cuddled closer.

Lauren checked her phone for the time, sat up suddenly, and said, "Now get your ass up. We gotta get to Adam's tattoo shop before it closes."

"Wait, you wanna go now?"

"You're the one who wanted to elope spontaneously, Luce. And spontaneity is characterized by acting on a sudden inclination without premeditation. So, get your ass up. We don't have time to premeditate," Lauren said, hopping off the car.