Chapter 18: Hakuna Matata

Camila's POV

The next morning, I woke up to an empty space next to me. I sat up quickly as I looked around the room; Lauren wasn't there. Panic immediately settled in. Why didn't Lauren stay? Did she think last night was a mistake? I ran my fingers through my hair and let out a groan. I was so stupid for thinking that someone like Lauren Jauregui would actually stay for the morning after. She probably just wanted to get rid of her pent up sexual energy, nothing more than that. Lauren would never actually fall for a dork like you, stupid.

I startled out of my thoughts when the main door opened. Lauren entered my room with a paper bag. She'd changed from last night and was wearing a black tank top and jeans. Her arms looked so goo-

"G-good morning. I got you a bagel," Lauren said sheepishly, handing me the paper bag.

I looked at her in surprise and blurted out, "I thought you left."

"I usually do," Lauren said, standing awkwardly in the middle of the room.

"Banana walnut?" I asked, sniffing the bagel.

"That's your favorite, right?" Lauren asked with her hands behind her back.

"Yeah. Thanks," I said with a smile as she fidgeted around. Why was she so nervous? Holy shit! Did I make Lauren Jauregui nervous!?

"You can sit, you know?" I told her, scooting against the wall of the bed to make room. Lauren sat against the headboard with her legs straightened out on the bed, while I spread some cream cheese on my bagel.

"Do you have feelings for Shawn?" Lauren asked, looking at her fingers on her lap.

"No," I answered, happily munching on my bagel

"So, you guys aren't a thing?"

"No, and I like how you ask me that after we had sex," I said, snorting with laughter.

"I thought hooking up wasn't your thing."

"It's not."

"Then how come you guys...you know?"

"Apparently, everyone in the program knows that I like you, except you, so he was just trying to help me get your attention. He suggested I serenade you in front of everyone. But then that girl dragged you off and I was needy and he was also trying to get over someone, so I asked him if we could hook up. And then you cockblocked us."

"If you liked me, shouldn't you be happy that I cockblocked you?"

"Who said I wasn't happy?"

"So, you're happy we hooked up last night?"

I stopped eating and asked in slight panic, "You're not? Shit, Lauren. Do you regret what happ-"

"No no no!" Lauren said quickly, "I loved what happened between us. I mean you were really good and it was really good and I'm pretty sure that I have feelings for you too, but-"

"You have feelings for me?" I asked dumbfounded. My heart was pounding.

"That's the thing Camila. I know I have feelings for you because when I saw you with Shawn yesterday I wanted to cut his dick off and feed it to vultures."

I giggled and said, "Good, cuz I wanted to stab that club puta with a chainsaw."

"You were that jealous?"

I rolled my eyes and said, "I literally sang you a song called 'Jealous', Lo. No shit."

"Sorry," Lauren said with a blush and looked at her hands. "It's just that I've always been the jealous one. No one's ever been that possessive over me."