Chapter 14: Operation Camren: Phase II

Camila's POV

After Lauren gave me my birthday presents, I felt my crush blossoming into something more. 'The sun is a star' kept swimming in my head in Lucy's voice. And I constantly found myself wondering whether Lauren's crescent moon was supposed to complete my half sun. But I believed that completed tattoos were supposed to show the world the love that you already had for your partner. And Lauren Jauregui had friend zoned me.

A few days later, Dinah and I were sitting on the couch watching something on TV. But I wasn't really watching because I was thinking about Lauren again.

When she caught me staring off into space, Dinah asked, "Who're you thinking about?"

"Lauren," I blurted out in my daze. I realized what I'd just said out loud and gasped.

Dinah looked at me smugly and said, "So, your arch enemy is your latest obsession?"

"No. Shut up, Dinah. I was just-"

"Relax, Walz," Dinah laughed, "I know you like Lauren."

I crossed my arms and said defensively, "No, I don't. You don't know what you're talking about."

"Walz, you're the easiest person to read. Remember that time I figured out you were crushing on that Ariana girl that kept calling you wifey even though she was already complete with that Mac Miller guy? Or that Michael Clifford dude who you kept-"

"Okay okay!" I said quickly, realizing that there was no point in lying to Dinah. "Okay, I might have a little crush on Lauren, but it doesn't matter because she made it clear that she just wants to be friends."

"When did she say that?" Dinah asked.

I told her about everything that had happened between Lauren and I in summer camp, at Ally's completion, on the couch (leaving the part about our kiss out), on my bed after my birthday, and how my bad impression of Lauren had turned into a crush. "And then she said that it won't happen again and asked if we can be friends. So please, just help me get over her," I sighed.

"Don't worry, Chancho, I'll think of something," Dinah reassured me with a smirk.

-----

Operation Camren Group Chat:

March 9, 2017

Mufasa: Walz told me she likes Ralph, but Ralph friendzoned her, so now Walz is trynna get over Ralph

Short Stack Ally: Gosh Biggie, your nicknames make them sound like pet robots.

Short Stack Ally: But what can we do to make Lauren like Mila back?

Normanz: I don't think Lo is willing to give anyone a shot cuz of what happened between her & Lucy. But knowing Lo, she probably already likes Mila but doesn't realize it yet.

Mufasa: They need to go on dates without it actually seeming like dates so they can spend some quality time with each other

Short Stack Ally: I think I got it!

Short Stack Ally: Troy is visiting next month & he wanted to go to The 1975 concert. I'll buy 4 tickets but me & Troy will sit separately. I know Lo & Mila will take the extra tickets cuz they were both whining about how expensive the tickets were.

Normanz: OMG Ally that's brilliant!

Mufasa: But if they weren't going in the first place cuz of the pricy tickets, then how'll we get them to go now?