Chapter 21: Draco's Patronus

Lauren's POV

The five of us didn't hang out together after Norminah broke up. Whenever we decided to go somewhere as a group, Dinah always canceled last minute and spent the rest of the semester holed up in her room. None of us blamed her though. We all knew she needed her space.

Normani had started talking to Kendrick and seemed a lot happier than she had been since her Completion, so I was happy for her. After being cold to Normani for a few days, Camila warmed up to her again and both of them resumed ganging up and bugging the shit out of me in no time. When Camila began giving Normani advice on her budding relationship with Kendrick, I knew that Camila had come to terms with the whole situation. Camila always hung out in my room to give Dinah the privacy that she needed. As a result, Normani, Camila, and I were constantly together.

A week before the semester ended for winter break, the three of us were hanging out in our room. Camila and I were cuddled up in my bed, helping Normani come up with a clever response to something sweet that Kendrick had texted her.

"I've never been through the typical texting phase before. This is so exciting," Normani giggled.

"Me neither," Camila and I said together.

"Really? Even though you guys were both in long term relationships?" Camila asked.

"We were childhood sweethearts, so I guess that's why we never went through this phase," I replied.

"Lo, have you talked to Lucy yet?" Normani asked curiously.

I played with the hem of Camila's shirt and mumbled, "No."

"I think you should talk to her," Camila said quietly.

I looked at her and asked in surprise, "And you'd be okay with that?"

Camila shrugged and said, "It's been more than three years and both of you are complete. I think it's high time that you texted Lucy back, don't you think? She was one of your best friends and I know you miss her. I know cuz I still miss Alexa sometimes and we've been estranged for like a decade."

"I agree with Mila," Normani said.

"Okay, help me draft a message then," I said.

"Really?" Camila asked in surprise.

"Really. If we hadn't broken up, then I wouldn't have been able to be with you," I said, kissing the tip of Camila's nose and making her giggle. Normani made a fake retching noise and Camila stuck her tongue out at Normani teasingly.

I grabbed my phone and read over the last text that Lucy had sent. I handed Camila my phone and she read it out loud to Normani.

January 12, 2017

From I Love Lucy: I know we haven't talked in a long time, but I feel like you should hear my news from me and not anyone else. I found my partner today, Lo. It's Vero. We met again in school and just hit it off, I guess. Remember she had a bunch of random lines that no one could figure out? Well, they fit the pattern that my stars made up. We're the Draco constellation. I'm Complete, Lo, and I'm the happiest I've ever been. That's what's in store for you when you meet the right one. I know your partner will fill your voids, just like Vero fills mine. I hope you're doing well. Please give me a call when you're ready to talk. I'll be waiting.

"Wow, Lucy's very articulate," Normani said, "You should just keep it simple and just tell her that you're ready to talk, and ask if you guys can set up a free time to talk on the phone sometime."

"Yeah and maybe you guys can even meet up during winter break," Camila said.

"Okay. How about I ask Lucy to call me and when we catch up on the phone, I'll ask her if she wants to meet up?" I asked as I drafted out a text. "How's this?"