Chapter 11: Ex's & Oh's

January 12, 2017

Camila's POV

My day was not going well. In the morning, I tripped into a pile of slush on my way to school and spent half an hour under the hand air dryer in the bathroom. I was twenty minutes late to class and missed a pop quiz. After class when I addressed the professor, he told me that he wouldn't let me make up the quiz because I was late, which meant that I got a big fat zero. I got my grades back on a song I'd written, and the big red 'B-' on my assignment disheartened me. I also got into an argument with some of my group members about some chord progressions. My period was due sometime next week, so everything felt ten times worse with my PMS mindset. By the time I got home, I was in a positively sour mood.

I entered our apartment to find the living room in a complete mess. Shreds of paper and bits of food littered the floor. I crouched down to pick up a piece of paper that looked familiar. It had lyrics that I had written. But wait, weren't all my lyrics in a notebook!? I gasped and looked around at the other shreds of paper. My song notebook was completely torn up. Years of me pouring out my emotions and perfecting my words lay wasted; my work was undecipherable. That, in combination with my horrible day, set me off the edge and I angrily thundered up to the second floor. Dinah was on her way to the bathroom when I reached the top step.

I gritted my teeth angrily and asked, "What the fuck!? Who the f-"

"Lauren's having a bad day," Dinah interrupted in a rushed whisper. "Listen, Walz. I really need to pee, but I'll tell you everything in a bit. Wait for me." With that she scurried off into the bathroom.

Lauren motherfucking Jauregui! Again! Making my life a living hell! Again! I was done. Trembling with anger, I climbed up to the third floor and barged into Lauren's room without knocking. Lauren was standing with her back to the door, looking out the window. Normani was caressing her back and Ally was sitting on Lauren's bed looking serious. But I was too heated to register anything.

"What the fuck is your problem, Lauren? Why the fuck do you have to be such a bitch all the fucking time!? I can't fucking put up with this shit anymore!" I shouted, making Lauren and Normani turn around to face me. Lauren's eyes were puffy and red.

Ally stood up and started to say, "You need to leave now, M-"

But Lauren cut her off, "I'm the bitch!? I've been trying to make things right between us for ages, but you fucking never-"

"Make things right!? By tearing up my song book!? Do you know I had years and years worth of work in this? Look at my life's work now!" I shouted, flinging what remained of my torn-up notebook at Lauren and it hit her chest and fell. "How the fuck can one person be so inconsiderate? Or did you do it on purpose?"

Normani glared at me with her nastiest stank face and Ally tried to push me out the door while saying, "That's enou-"

But I wasn't done and continued shouting, "You know what? I bet Lucy's probably out there somewhere celebrating for getting rid of a stuck-up selfish bitch like you!" I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, but kept going, "I feel so sorry for your partner and I bet the Universe does too. I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up all alone! Like you shou-" I felt a pair of strong arms grab me from behind and yelped.

"Get her out of here, DJ, before I fucking kill her!" Normani yelled.

Dinah threw me over her shoulder and carried me out. The last thing I saw was Lauren's blank expression as Normani slammed the door in my face. As Dinah carried me down the stairs, I kicked and yelled at her to let me go. Dinah slammed our door shut and flung me on my bed.