Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Sage

Day in and day out life goes on.

People live and die but, for me, all I do is just sit here and exist. In my town, they all stay as far away from me as they can get, or some just ignore me. I don't feel anything anymore, It's all numb. I just don't care it's been year's and yet still, I don't care.

The pack wants me to break down, yes I found his body and yes he was my only family. However, that's just what they have seen from an outsiders point of view But that's not the truth. No one knows but me. I don't need their pity. I know my mate won't understand why I don't have my purity but, I don't care and neither does my Jade, she stopped talking after that day. Now I'm alone once again, and yet Life still goes on

However on rare occasions

she does speak,

"We'll make it" jade whispers in my head, her voice is so fain even in my head I can barely hear her just a small whisper as if brought by the wind and faded a shell of what she used to be.

jade is very calm and observant she's more lion then wolf. I honestly think she is part lionesses,

But whatever,

As I make my way into my kitchen for my morning routine I stop and listen as Jade goes alert

"they are here," Jade said

"okay" simple and short that was my only reply to her

Then I continued walking into the kitchen. I sat in my chair after I got myself a glass of apple juice and put my toast in the toaster just as the toast pops back out my door was forced open.

I hear their footsteps coming in my direction,

Just as I bite my toast enjoying the taste or the jam sweet and satisfying crunch of my fresh toast.

"drop everything and come with us if force is needed it will be used"I heard the weariness in his voice. His eyes shifted around as if checking for danger then focused on on me, how stupid the only danger here was me.

Mistake number one, NEVER show weakness to possible threats or enemies

"Good" jade growled

she's more talkative today, however, I'm not complaining making me giggle it was an odd giggle there was a little hysterical inside it but I don't think they noticed it. But nonetheless, it made them tense up even more than they already were.

pretty ironic since they kicked in my door and broke into my home.

"Relax, I'm not going to hurt anyone." my voice cut through the room echoing around some shifted others didn't but you could tell they were ready to attack.

quite rude considering they are intruding on my morning invading my space and disturbing me again they never learn.

"Go to mate" Jade Barked startling me slightly causing me to lose my composure to a brief moment.

My mask cracked slightly my butyrate expression fell to panic.

Luckily none of the men in the room noticed. I Iooked up and came face to face with bright green eyes.

They looked like they were shining. I froze and it felt like my heart would jump out of my chest.

If it could just to be with him, near him or even in his hands as he stares intensely at me as if in wonder.

My world froze with his next world, that's it it's to late...

"mate" he whispered

His voice was deep and husky so manly and rich, he have a sharp jawline and his lips are full and plump looking.