6

6: Lily

The rest of homeroom continued without further incident.

Jacob sat behind me, next to Sierra, but I could tell he wasn't paying attention to her. I knew he kept staring at me, but I ignored him.

When the bell rang, I made a beeline to the door, not stopping for any small talk. I didn't bother to zip up my backpack fully, or push in my chair.

Just as I started to turn the doorknob, my textbooks and flyaway papers flew out and tumbled onto the floor. Anxiously, I tried to gather all my things, and kept apologizing for the people who had to step over me.

"Lemme help you."

I didn't even look up at the person who was helping me, I was just grateful they were helping me. I didn't want to look up either, I was too focused on picking up my things and leaving. 

But just as the person and I grabbed the same notebook, I was forced to look up. 

I almost groaned.

What was with me and running into cute boys?

It felt like some sort of curse.

"Thanks." I finally let out. Common courtesy, right?

He smiled at me, handing me my stray notebook. I couldn't help but notice he had the cutest smile.

Whoa.

Did I just...

What did I...

Woah.

"I'm Brandon, if you're wondering." He introduced himself.

"I was wondering." I look down at my feet and brush a lock of hair out of my eyes. "I'm Lily, by the way."

"Lily." He repeats, nodding his head. "Lily...Taylor, right?" 

"Yeah," I said simply, resting my hand on my elbow.

"I've seen you around."

"And perhaps you will again," I smile and then blush, handing him a slip of paper with my number on it. "I'll try to spot you."

I rushed out the door, just as the second bell rang, feeling my cheeks heat up.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

oooooOOOOOOoooooHHHHH

(damn, you get it, gurl)

you guys are the best for literally reading this far!

you have no idea how much a writer loves her readers 😘