10

"Wow, Lily, you look so nice." My mom commented on my outfit as I carefully walked down the stairs.

I gave her a twirl, making my black skirt fly up a little. It was a little out of my comfort zone; my sweatpants and slippers, now swapped for my new outfit of a short skirt and lace top.

"Didn't you say this was just a 'casual hangout'?" She asked, putting air quotes on "casual hangout."

I abruptly stopped my modeling session. "Yeah, I-I just want to try something...uh, new...you know?" I slipped on my coat and converse. I thought about something before changing the subject. "Um, where's Dad?"

"He's coming home from work, he'll be here in about an hour." My mom said, checking her phone and most likely 

"So, you're sure you're not going out tonight. Just at Violet's house, right?"

I stopped, leaving the door wide open. I gave her a confused look, before realizing that I had lied. "Oh, yeah. Just Violet's house, Mom."

"Don't go past curfew. Have fun." I rushed out the door, as I blew a kiss to my mom.

Taking my car keys out of my coat pocket, I unlocked my car before
hopping inside. It technically was my mom's car, but she doesn't really use it that much as me, so it's physically my car.

I switched on the radio, starting the car. 

I was the prototype like 3 Stacks on that CD
An example of the perfect candidate
Now all your girlfriends say that you don't want to see me
You're the reason that I just can't concentrate
I, I, I, I've been trying to fix my pride
But that shit's broken, that shit's broken...

I sang along to the lyrics, bobbing my head to the beat. 

I continued to sing along, and abruptly stopped when I arrived at the theater. I stepepd out of the car, but not before I checked my hair and the light makeup I had on. I shuddered as the fierce wind blew at my hair, and I tightened my coat around my waist. I was immediately glad when I entered, and to see that Brandon was already inside the lobby, waiting for me. It seemed as if he spent as much time, and even more on his appearance than I did; his casual looking outfit, as laid back as it was meant to be looked crisp and ironed as if new, and his hair looked as if he spent more time on it than usual.

"Hey," He was the first one to speak up. "You look...stunning."

I blushed, and tried to hide it by staring at my shoes. "It's not as great as you might think it is." I finally said, brushing his compliment off.

"To me it is." He shrugged, smiling.

"Thanks," was all I could muster because I was turning red.

"Snacks?" He asked me, taking my hand and leading me to the counter.

"Do you like blue or red icees?" I asked him, looking at the choices.

"I don't care. What about you?" He grinned, taking his wallet out.

"I like blue." I smiled and began to blush again. I shook it off and spoke up again.

"I'll get two large blue slushies, with an extra large buttered popcorn, please."

The woman working at the counter smiled at us. She looked a few years older than us; about college age, maybe twenty or twenty-two.  "Alright, two large blue slushies and extra large buttered popcorn for the adorable couple." 

"Actually, this is just for me." I joked, as Brandon started to laugh. He grabbed my hand, as no one could see it since it was behind the counter.

"Here you go," The cashier set our popcorn and beverages on the counter. 

"Thanks," I grinned, as Brandon handed her a twenty dollar bill.

"I'll go get the napkins, B." I added as I walked a few steps to grab from the napkin dispenser.

And as I left, I heard the cashier whisper to Brandon,

"She looks like a good one. Make sure you keep her. Don't mess it up." She joked, as they both sneaked a glance at me.