9

The scars of your love remind me of us
They keep me thinking that we almost had it all
The scars of your love, they leave me breathless
I can't help feeling-

I paused my music and stuffed my earbuds into my pocket as I entered the hallway, searching for one person in particular. I frowned when I couldn't see that certain person and walked to my locker.

I packed my backpack first before scanning the hallway again. 

"Hey, you." 

I whipped around, and smiled. I had found the person I was looking for.

"Hi." I said, as if all the air had sucked out of my lungs. Brandon rubbed the back of his neck, as if nervous. Was it me? Was my presence making him nervous?

Suddenly, we burst out laughing, lightening the mood. 

"It's much easier to text you." He chuckled, shaking his head. "I should've asked you out over text."

I paused.

"What?"

"Oh. Nothing."

I grinned and started laughing again, but this time I was the only one. 

"I'm sorry." I sigh, finally finished. "I was going to...kind of do the same thing."

"You mean, ask me out?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I'll start then." He jokes, grinning.  So, there's this new movie coming out today. It's kind of horror movie, but if you don't really lik-" 

I interrupted him by kissing him lightly on the cheek. "It was the only way to shut you up." I laugh a little. "But, yeah. It's perfect. See you tonight." I squeeze his hand before running off to class just as the bell rings.

"I see you've met Brandon." A voice speaks behind me.

Oh, god.

"Yeah, so?" I shrug my shoulders at Jacob then continue to walk to homeroom.

"Well, he's kind of one of my friends, so yeah." He responds, shrugging as well. "What were you guys talking about?"

I pause my walk and cross my arms. "And why is this your business?"

"Because I just want to know." He moves in front of me so I'm facing him. I take one glance at his pleading face before sighing. How could I compete with that?

"Fine, well, he asked me out to this movie date tonight." I said coolly, emphasizing on the word 'date.'

Jacob's face reddens, making me frown.

"What?" I asked him, continuing my walk.

"Nothing."

"Okay, well, then. Bye-"

"Wait, Lily. Um, so are you and Brandon a thing now?"

I paused yet again. He rubbed his relationship in my face, and how did that make me feel?

I grinned. "Yeah, we kind of are. Well, see you later, or something!"

Then I rush to homeroom, leaving him confused and pink in the face. 

Out of the corner of my eyes, I spot Violet, who looked like she was going to walk up to me. She locks eyes with me, before running off, right to the bathroom. Maybe she heard what I said.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

ooooh. spicy. 🔥🔥🔥