Chapter 9: Tainted Soul

(Outfit of what she wears is up top)

Sunbeams burst through the crevices of my room. My eyes began to softly flicker open like butterfly wings. I smiled in remembrance of what happened last night.

I lied in bed, staring at the floating dust particles from the sun. While thinking about what happened between me and Liam. I touched my fingers to my lips as I couldn't contain my smile anymore, knowing that Liam's lips had once been on them. I couldn't get the image and feeling away. I never imagined that someone like Liam could ever hope to have feelings for me. I always thought I would end up alone.

I haven't slept that good in a long time. I always ended up having nightmares about all the pain of my past. I was too happy to even care what the day might bring. I couldn't stop smiling, it was as if someone had glued it there, making it unbreakable. I got up, stretched and went into my bathroom to shower. I looked in the mirror, and saw myself. My eyes had more sparkle in them then usual. My skin was glowing. My hair had more shine. I'm assuming this had Liam's name written all over it.

I stepped into the shower as the water enveloped me with soothing arms. As soon as I was done I got dressed in some white shorts and a blue t-shirt with some blue converses. I left my hair down in its natural loose waves. I walked out the door and saw Liam running around playing football with the rest of the pack members.

Once the game was over, Liam noticed my presence, we smiled at each other. Liam was right, I didn't want things to change between us. Because I wasn't ready for more changes then I've already been dealing with. I had an amazing night with Liam, but I'm not ready to pursue anything.

Me and Liam decided to take a walk through the woods together to have some alone time. The forest was bright and peaceful as always. It always seemed to feel alive in a way, I can't describe it. We stopped walking to take a break. Liam walked over by the little creek to get a drink. When, Vemons appeared and knocked him unconscious. One of them came over to me, I struggled to get out of their grasp, but I couldn't. The cloth over my mouth held chloroform, making me weaker and weaker. Eventually, I fell into a dreamless sleep.

***************************

I started waking up, only I wasn't in the forest anymore. I was in some concrete room with no doors, and no windows. There was only one light, it looked like one of those interrogation lights that are in those law and order shows. I looked up and saw my wrists hand-cuffed and attached to a thick, heavy chain that went all the way up to the ceiling. I wiggled, hoping my strength would break these hand-cuffs and chains; but it didn't work. I was interrupted when a door appeared and the leader of the Vemons stepped into the light. I growled at him, not liking how close he was to me.

"I see someone is still angry, rough day?" he said with an evil smirk.

I spat at him, making him slap me hard, leaving an imprint of his hand on my cheek.

He responded by clicking his tongue, "Its time you learn to respect your elders, since you'll be here awhile."

A look of contempt on my face. I tried to look away, but he harshly grabbed my cheeks, making me face him.

"You would be smart not to try anything while your here," once said he shoved my face away. Leaving it hanging down.

He walked out the door, making the door disappear out of thin air. I tried to make myself sleep, hoping I could dream of happy things, but it made myself feel worse than I already did. I hope Liam and the pack are okay.

************************

I must have fallen asleep, when I felt a splash of icy water against my face.