Living The Dream

Camilla and James were easily blinded by the bright sunlight as the VW caravan rolled out of the port and out onto the French roads. Their eyes took a while to adjust as they sped down out of Calais.

"James, we drive on the right in this country!" Camilla laughs as James swerves out of what was nearly the wrong lane.

"Oops. Shit! Yes it was." James says pulling a silly face.

Camilla wound down the passenger window and rested her arm on the ledge allowing her head to rest. Her hair flying away from her face in wild spirals over her shoulders. James cast an eye in her direction and sighed, she's beautiful. She's living the dream. He couldn't help but to turn up the volume on his old Indie playlist. Camilla let out a giggle and shot James a sarcastic glare which he pretended to ignore given away when he set a wide grin across his face.

Driving the caravan meant that both of them could let go of any negativities and live in the moment. Live the dream. James parked the caravan at a gas station just off the main road and filled up with petrol. Camilla ran inside the building and minutes later left the building with a shopping bag full of essentials. A few magazines, some chocolate, fizzy pop, Cheese and Onion flavoured crisps and some other lights snacks. The two of them switched places, Camilla driving and James in charge of the map. Both doors slammed as they heaved their bodies onto the front fabric covered seats.

The snap of the seals on the can of coke and the smell of crisp satisfied their tired minds which had been travelling for hours. However the caravan now stunk of crisps, pop tarts and the chemicals from the fizzy pop. The caravan continued to roll gently along the tarmac in the beaming sun that afternoon for hours. Eventually, Camilla veered off the busier road into a small cobbled street town with cute cafes and quirky market stalls. Camilla threw the caravan in a near parking space - probably illegally and grabbed her purse and sprinted to an ice cream parlour across the street. She returned a few minutes later with two ginormous cones, one in each hand. James rolled down the window as she handed him a raspberry flavoured ice cream before climbing back into the caravan with her own.

"You're the best." James said as he took a lick of his ice cream, watching Camilla eat her own ice cream. "Strawberry - my favourite." he grinned with a pale pink mustache painted in his upper lip.

"Well....yes. I know." Camilla expressed casually with a laugh.

The ice creams soon dissapeared in minutes and the focus was back to the road to Lyon where the two of them would crash for the night ready for work the following day.