River Rhein

Camilla's POV

An empty bottle of beer stares me in the face. It sits in the sink, lonely, empty. I cast my eye over to James who fell asleep last night on my sofa bed who is now flat out snoozing without a care in the world.

I decide to start up the van and steadily drive up and out of Oberstdorf, following the map to the North of Germany.

An hour creeps by and James is still snoozing in the back. I smirk to myself as I eject his indie CD from the system and insert one of my 90s and noughties pop CDs instead.

The windows are wound down and the wind is blowing my hair in all directions as I'm singing the lyrics loudly.

I hear loud groaning from behind me,
"What is this racket?" James moans as he stumbles out.

I just laugh at him watching him feel around and try to find a clean pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

James manages to get changed and joins my side in the cab on the passenger seat and begins to faff with the stereo.

"Oh no come on I was listening to that." I say slightly annoyed.

James opens the glove box where all the CDs are and rummages through them.

"I think." James says pulling out a CD case I hadn't seen in a while. "I think we should listen to this."

He inserted the CD into the machine and an old RnB track from the 90s started to blare through the speakers.

"Oh my gosh!" I squeal. "I haven't heard this in ages!"

"Reminds me of when I was a student at High School, everyone thought this was so trendy! It was a classic back then!" James smirked.

The beat of the music is whamped up on the sound system so loudly that the pulsing beat of the music vibrated through the vehicle and through my body. James began to sing, extremely badly, so I slapped his arm and laughed as I told him to shut up.

We sing and laugh as I drive parallel to the river into Koblenz City spotting castles and old ruined relic on the sloping, rocky cliff on the other side of the river. Roads get wider and busier as we drive slowly through the streets in search for a parking space near a busy market. 

We had been stuck inside the van all of today so a stroll around the German market will be good, I thought. 

Families with children and people were everywhere in sight, surrounding every stall. Above our heads were stringed lanterns and lights in various colours which contrasted the sky which was blotched with colours of orange, dark blue and pink. 

James and I spent a few minutes queuing at a stall that sold German soups with fresh bread: comfort food after a long days' driving! Out of a carved bread roll that was crispy yet soft was the soup witting inside like a bowl. It soothed my parched throat and warmed my insides. James has finished his so we womble back to the van; hand in hand. 

We seat ourselves on a deckchair each that we found shoved in the boot of the van and watch the stars for a while reflecting off the River Rhein, each individual constellation drawing patterns in the sky. I reach over to James, who is transfixed in the night sky, and kiss his lips out of the blue. He returns with the same amount of passion growing and growing by the second. Connected to each other we stand up and stumble backwards to the door of the van, James lifting me onto the steps of the van. I tug at his shirt and fall backwards onto the sofa bed as I watch James undo his shirt and close the door and block the curtains. A captivating stare is casted my direction as I roll my shirt over my head and toss it onto the floor and grab hold of James' wrist and use it to pin himself over me on the sheets and to stay there for the rest of the night. 

I am soooo sorry if I published this chapter half finished! I don't know what happened but I have re done it so I hope this made more sense!! ~ Grace xx