Lyon Through The Lenses II

Camilla's PoV

James, Emilia and I are huddled around one of the screens watching back the footage that was just taken. The editors: Peter and Ross twitch and tweak the scene and merge them all together on a laptop whilst Jack comments on our scenes. I cast a glance towards James and he staring at Peter's laptop where he is editing our kissing scene,his eyes fixed to it.

"Oi James. Snap out of it." I tease clicking my finger in his face which makes him jump back, nearly flattening Emilia.

We spent the rest of the afternoon filming another scene with James and Emilia and another actor called Francis who played Tom - Cass' ex boyfriend. The hours flew by endlessly as we filmed.We finished for the day and Jack shook our hands as we left the set and climbed into the caravan. We slump into our seats and giggle for no reason. James starts the engine and the caravan rolls away from the site and onto the busier roads.

"I won't lie Camilla, that one scene was pretty intense." James says with a smirk.

"Oh shush you! Don't flatter yourself!" I laugh shyly, taking a bite out of a sandwich I made earlier. James laughs and rolls his eyes, stealing a bite from my sandwich.

We drive for hours, sharing the strain of driving swapping every few hours as the sun begins to slide behind the horizon - painting a mixture of orange and pink watercolours across the sky. I search for my phone and take a few snaps of the sunset, then a few of James driving which I post to Snapchat. James will kill me for that!

James's PoV

Camilla has fallen asleep in the passenger seat next to me. She looks peaceful as she sleeps, so beautiful. Her hair knotted and her makeup tired, her head is heavily slopped onto her wrist which is resting in the armrest. The hours creep into the night and the stars envelope the caravan with the stars glowing above me. I let out a yawn and check my watch, it's 10:46PM. I pull out the map and spy a campsite which is only about 20 minutes away. Watching Camilla sleep so gently makes me want to curl up myself.

I tell myself that it isn't too far now. I watch the signs slip past my windscreen. Past Andorra but that was hours ago and the last thing I could remember. My bloodshot eyes are forced open and a sense of relief fills me when I finally reach the campsite at about 11:30 - it clearly took longer than I thought. We park up in a small park with a few other  caravans and cars in a small town called Priego which wasn'tall that far from Madrid. caravans

I park the caravan and switch on a few lights which take a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to. I tidy the back and change into a comfy t-shirt and a clean pair of boxers. I creep back to the front of the van where I carefully scoop Camilla up into my arms and carry her into the back. Her limbs are floppy and an arm falls over my neck and her legs over my arm and the other supporting her back. I place her on the back bunk bed against the wall and pull the sheets over her body. She lies quietly and continues to sleep.

"Goodnight Camilla." I whisper into her hair before shuffling back towards the other end of the van where I collapsed the small dining table to create a sofa bed, being as quiet as I could. I carefully opened one of my bags with my essentials in and washed my face over the sink. I climbed into my bed and pulled sheets over my legs and shoulders, falling asleep the second my head hit the pillow.