Oberstdorf

James' POV
Camilla has been driving for an hour or so out of Austria and across the German border into a small town. Honestly, I don't think she knows where we are.
"Camilla do you actually know where we are?" I ask her teasingly.
She rolls her eyes and keeps on driving.

Before long we find ourselves driving down a one way cobbled street. Log cabins with overflowing, colourful hanging flower baskets have bicycles leaned up against them. Children and teenagers in groups sit on rustic benches chatting in the sunshine. The camper rolls slowly and we pull over into a parking space outside a brewery near the end of the street.
'Oberstdorf Beer' it read. Straight away I stroll inside and Camilla follows me: confused.

Layed out in front of me on a tray are small shot glasses filled with beer. Different types of German beer each with a small label.
"Trust you James to find the Brewery out of all the places!" Camilla says sarcastically slapping me on the arm.
"Try this." I say, shutting her up by handing her a shot glass which she downs. She pulls a face and swallows before handing me the glass back.
"That's way too sweet!" Camilla says picking up another shot glass with a different beer. She seemed to enjoy that one.
I picked up a bottle of a 'spiced beer' that I tried and payed at the small till in the corner where a German lady handed us two plastic cups and the bottle in a bag.

I took Camilla's hand and we walked down to the end of the street where we reached a woodland at the bottom of the mountains.
"Isn't it beautiful here." Camilla said admiring the scenery.
"Well yes but.." I started as I cupped Camilla's face with my hands pulling her into a steamy kiss.

I pull away for air and look into her eyes lovingly.
"You're beautiful." I say pecking her lips one more time.

Camilla's POV
I gripped onto James' waist as he continued to tease me with small kisses over my face; I couldn't help but giggle. I look up at the cloudless sky and my eyes cast over to the river just beyond a small bridge separating the town from the woodland and the mountains.

I drag James by the wrist over the small wooden bridge to the side of the river. Jumping and stumbling over rocks and crashing into the river that just touches my knees.
James grabs my waist and pulls me, wrapping his arms around my waist, into his body. I run trying to get away but I just end up falling over head first into the cool water.

James just laughs. I use my hands to save myself from the rocks and I use James to pull myself up: who is still in hysterics!
"It's not funny!" I squeal wiping my face with my hand trying to get the water from my eyes.
"Actually it's quite funny." James smirks bursting into fits of laughter again.
"Right." I say trying to run over the water towards James. "That's it!!"
I cup my hands and spray water at James which soaks his shirt and face who just grabs hold of my hand and splashes me with his other hand. I squealed as the cold water splashed my face.

I step backwards grinning at James who flicks water at me with his feet. I sweep my leg through the waves and cover James shirt in water of which he pulls over his head and discards on the rock next to where we dumped the beer before we started playing in the water like kids.

I absorb the gracious sight that is James' body: neatly toned and shaped. I cast up to his face where he has a mischievous grin splattered across it.

"Oh no no no you don't!" I squeal as I try to dodge the larger, pointy stones as I try to get away from James. He just grabs my arm then my waist and pulls me into him with his strong arms like barriers making it impossible to escape.

"Come here you!" He says into my ear planting a small kiss on my neck as he lifts me bridal style and jogs out of the river and down the dusty path where there is a clearing at the base of the mountain next to a waterfall that flowed into the clearing of water.

The lake was large and over the other side you could see some people swimming with their bikes parked up against nearby trees.

James gripped onto me tighter and ran and jumped into the lake. Our whole bodies screamed as we hit and went under the surface of the water. Coming up for air James and I just laughed. As I tried to wipe the stray, wet pieces of hair from my face and water from my eyes, effortlessly James shook his head and combed his hair back into a wet quiff with his fingers.
"You're horrible you know that." I whisper into his ear allowing myself to become closer to him.
"Yes, I know." James says proudly.
James' hands reach under the water towards my waist and his fingers move and tickle me. He grins again as I laugh and pull faces.
"Okay now that's really pushing it now!" I say wriggling and kicking my legs, trying to get away with no success. "JAMES!" I laugh.
"Whaaaat." He says as if he had no idea what was going on. I push his shoulders in some attempt to get away but he pretends to fall back. I use this excuse to grab his wrists.
"Ha!" I say as he just pulls a sarcastic face and pokes his tongue out at me.

"Is this the point where you try and drown me?" He teases sarcastically.
"Maybe. Tempting as it is." I say smiling.
"Well I would take you down with me." James says pulling me closer. I place my arm around him and he lowers us both into the water so just our heads are above the surface. We draw closer to where our noses touch gently. I use my other hand to draw myself on closer which snakes around his neck.
"You still haven't drowned me yet." James whispers in my ear.
"I wouldn't count yourself too lucky." I say back as I draw forward into a kiss.

James' lips crash onto mine with force and passion as I melt into the kiss. Electric shots quiver around my mouth - I had never been kissed like this before until I kissed James.

Every time was like the first time: pure magic.

James' around my skin kept me warm in the cold freshwater. Our skin touching exchanging each other's heat.

~~

We got out of the lake and walked down to the river where we abandoned the beer and James' shirt, hand in hand and licking the dust up from the path.
The river was now quieter with little ripples rolling past pebbles and stones. The sound of trickling water carried in the gentle breeze through the trees. The hot sun was low in the sky beaming down on us keeping us warm and drying us off.

We seated ourselves on two rounded large rocks with our toes on the small wet rocks near the river. James leaned behind him to reach for his shirt which had now dried in the warm sun. He pulled it over his shoulders and down his chest.
I watched, catching the last glimpse of his luscious muscles.
"What are you staring at Arfwedson? Enjoying the view?" James teased.
And he would be right. I nodded and smiled.
"Don't flatter yourself Anderson!" I snapped back as he slapped me playfully on the arm.

James had the beer bottle opened and the sweet smell made the inside of my mouth water. The beer fizzed and sizzled inside the plastic glass. It touched my lips and I allowed the sweetness to party in my mouth and down my throat.

"Cheers." James says clicking his glass with mine.
"Cheers to what?" I ask him.
"Cheers to," James stopped and thought for a moment. "Cheers to great times with my best friend." He says putting an arm around me.
"Cheers for friends." I say taking a sip.
"Cheers for all the good times we've shared-" James says with a spark in his eye.
"And more to come." I wink at him as he returns a smirk at me.

"Well...I will definitely cheers to that." He says as we both share a gentle kiss and take sips from our glasses, watching the sun set together.

~~
Wow a 1449 word chapter😂
I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did writing it😉
Don't forget to rate and review as it means a lot❤️
I hope you are also enjoying this book - I feel it is different to any other Jamilla/Zollie fanfic I have read 😜🤔
Hope you have all had a fab summer ☀️
G xxx