Barcelona

The caravan drove swiftly over the cliffs on the coastline in the North direction towards Barcelona. Within a few hours they reached the cobbled roads leading to a square where a row of vehicles were parked along a tall, decorated buildings that towered above them. James and Camilla stepped out of the caravan; Camilla placing a straw hat on her mahogany waves as James swung his rucksack over his shoulder, slamming the door behind him. The cobblestones reflected the golden sun as they walked down a narrow street leading off the decorated, picturesque square. The small, shops with the backstreet bustling with village people and tourists appeared to be quirky and unique to such a city. A tall, rustic looking man with a trilby hat upturned on the cobbles in front of him was perched on an iron bench outside another quirky store strumming melodies on is ukulele. Next to the busker was the door embellished in beads. Inside the small shop was a rustic, oiled wooden floor with counters filled with compartments filled with small beads and charms and coloured strips of leather. Camilla and James stepped inside the shop which had a destinctive scent of incense that wafted throughout the shop. The ceiling was low swinging with dreamcatchers and charms and Native American style paintings covered the walls. A small Spanish lady with her hair in dreadlocks floated over and took James and Camilla to a counter near the back of the shop. They selected different beads which the lady carefully wove into the strips of leather and tied each of their handmade bracelets around their wrists. They paid and left the shop admiring their new accessories.

James' PoV

My new bracelet looks pretty cool and it fits nicely next to my watch. I walk with Camilla through the crowd into another, smaller square with a tall,metallic, wire-like statue in the middle which towered above us. There were tables and chairs under coloured gazebos along a row of bars and different resteraunts around the perimeter of the cobbled square. There is a small children's play area in the corner where two adults are playing with their child on the roundabout - only reminds me of how much I would like kids one day.

"Camilla?"

"Yep." She responds with a smile.

"Don't suppose you fancy a drink, my throat feels like its burning?" I ask desperately, hoping she would say yes.

"Yeah, why not." She looks around at the selection of bars. "El Palaguar."

"El what?" I repeat.

"That one, with the black and glass door." She points to a bar opposite us. We stride over to the bar and push open the door gently. Cool air con invites inside as a playlist of Tina Turner tracks drift in the background giving the bar a retro and chilled vibe. There are painted black chairs with shiny black tables on a black and white patterned floor. The counter is an antique carefully varnished to compliment the low lighting and the chalkboard next to the bar. A tall woman with dark curls in a casual shirt asks me for my order in Spanish and obviously I have no clue and neither does Camilla who cast me a confused glance.
"English?" Camilla asked slowly so the woman would understand.
"Oh yes of course. My name is Jessie if you need anything. What would you like to order?" Jessie said confidently through her Spanish accent leaving me slightly stunned. I glanced over at the mocktails menu drawn on the chalkboard behind Jessie and select one, Camilla does the same. We pay and we sit down on a set of chairs next to a table near the window. 

"So what are you lovebirds doing in this city?" Jessie asks casually as she pulls a chair from another table to sit with us after placing our drinks on the table. 

"Oh!" Camilla laughs and blushes. "We aren't together!"

I blush too and stare at the floor and I hear Camilla mumble something to herself under the table. I glance back up and instantly change the subject. 

"How come your English is so good?" I ask Jessie who seems taken aback by my question. 

"I grew up in the UK. A small village on the border of Wales, I moved out when my Dad passed away when I was 19. I had a row with my mum and sisters and stayed with a friend who had a spare room. I went to college and then travelled. I found work with some old friends of my Dad's and got enough money to set up this place. Never looked back!" Jessie said happily admiring the work of her classy bar. 

"Wow." Camilla says - clearly impressed. "Excuse me whilst I just nip to the toilet." 

Camilla dissapears down a small staircase which leads to the toilets and another bar. Jessie leans over close, brushing a curl behind her ear. 

"Oi. Pretty boy." She says sharply down my ear which makes me jump. "She likes you."

I bluff and snort at the idea. 

"Camilla?" I question "Nahhhh." 

Jessie raises an eyebrow and smiles. 

"Believe me pal, I know the signs." She winks at me.

"And what are those maybe?" I ask sarcastically, desperately wanting to escape the topic yet part of me loved it. 

"She looks at you. She really cares for you. I can see it!" Jessie pauses. "She hasn't said anything because she doesn't want to push you away."

I lean back in my chair and think long and hard. I had known Camilla for years and there was a chemistry that made us close. Anyone could see that. 

"Look, if you don't believe me then go and see my friend. He is a fortune teller on La Rambla. She has a purple tent by one of the museums." Jessie says showing me a photo on her iPhone. I nod politely and agree to the idea. "Trust your crazy Spanish-English friend."

"If you say so." I smile, Jessie smirking back. Her face immediately falls back to a cheesy grin as she sees Camilla walking back up the stairs followed by a Dalmatian. 

"Uhh. Dau - bed!" Jessie says sharply to the bed as the dog trots to its bed behind the bar. 

Camilla's PoV

I sit back down next to James and Jessie and they sit waiting for me to say something with their eyes bright and cheesy grinned. I grin with suspicion tilting my head.

"I was just explaining to James here about my friend who does fortune telling." Jessie says breaking the silence. 

James nods without speaking. 

"Come on James. It will be a laugh!" I say optimistically. "What's the worst that can happen eh?"