original ending.

+ note ; this is the actual / original ending for this story. i didn't mean to go the route of killing off yoongi, i had this story planned out as this as the ending but it never turned out that way lol. well im here to fix that and put the original ending back in this fic. you'll like this one much better - as will i.

this story was heavily inspired by the song 'you're still the one' by shania twain. thank you for reading.

It had been three years since Yoongi left to Europe for his career as a pianist. He stayed in contact as much as he could with Jimin, doing his best to keep their relationship going strong, but it was difficult. Having to go three consecutive years without seeing the person you loved, was a task all in its own. Yoongi wasn't able to cuddle Jimin, play with his hair, squeeze his chubby cheeks, kiss his soft lips. For three whole years.

Jimin wasn't doing so well on his end, either. He had completely missed the ravenette, to the point he didn't want to text the older boy because he missed him so much. He still went out of the apartment to work and hang out with his group of friends, but it wasn't the same without his Yoongi there - mainly because everyone else he hung out with were in relationships as well. They were just lucky enough to have their signifiant other right by their side, not all the way in another country. 

"Hey Chiminie, Hoseok and I are going to the one cinnamon café down the street, do you want to come with us?" Kaesi peeked her head into the brunette's bedroom, only to see him cuddled up in a jacket that belonged to Yoongi. The brunette shook his head, burying himself deeper into the fabric of the jacket. Keasi simply sighed. "Alright, well I'll bring you back a donut or something then."

The redhead closed Jimin's door on the way out, leaving the brunette all by himself. He sighed in content once he was all alone, opening his eyes up to be met with darkness. No light illuminated his room whatsoever since all lights were off and the sun had set a little less than half an hour ago. Jimin was left all alone in the dark, clutching tightly onto the jacket in his grasp. The jacket was his favorite of Yoongi's, one he wore that one time he went to the library - the first time he met Hoseok and Kaesi. 

Good times, the brunette thought, letting his lips curve upwards in the slightest. Back then, he didn't have feelings for Yoongi and he was bent on keeping his past to himself. That all, of course, ended once he managed to fall in love with the older boy. All of the years he spent keeping his emotions in and keeping people out all went to waste the day he met Min Yoongi; the day his life flipped upside down. 

Jimin chuckled at the thought of their first meeting, how he snuck into the ravenette's dad's music store because he was mesmerized by Yoongi's piano playing skills. And how he tripped, causing himself to fall and then bumping heads with the ravenette, giving him a bloodied lip. Of course he'll never forget when he took him back to his apartment to clean the wound of his - even though his mind wasn't exactly in the right place when doing so. How that simple encounter managed to change his life completely, the brunette hadn't a clue. He's read a few books before about cliché love stories and such, but never had he imagined one like his and Yoongi's. Their love story was different.

Unlike most love stories, Jimin wasn't the helpless protagonist in high school or a suicidal teen in need of help, he was just an average twenty-one year old who enjoyed art and didn't like people to enter his life; he was an introvert that didn't want people. The art boy then managed to have his heart stolen by a piano-playing ravenette with a few piercings and a tattoo. 

Oh how I miss him, the brunette's lips curved into a deep frown at the thought. He let out a shaky breath as he felt his eyes go blurry. There hadn't been a time where the brunette thought about missing Yoongi, where he wouldn't end up crying. And Jimin rarely ever cried, so he wasn't used to it, to the pain in his chest every time he remembered the person he loved was nowhere near him. He was so far away, too far for Jimin to grasp onto him and pull him back into his arms.

A knock on the door broke Jimin from his thoughts, him quickly sitting up in his bed. He used the back of his hand to wipe away any stray tears that were on the verge of escaping, before standing up. He wrapped the jacket around his shoulders as he headed towards the door of his room. 

The bruentte opened his bedroom door and began walking down the hallway, the few knocks never seeming to go away. Who could be at the door, Jimin hadn't a clue because Kaesi had a key for whenever she wanted to get in - or maybe she just forgot it and she needed to be let back in. Either way, the brunette didn't want to get up out of his bed because he looked like crap from all of his crying and his messy hair. All he wanted was to continue cuddling the ravenette's jacket.

Jimin approached the door to his apartment, unlocking the door and opening it. He turned around, letting the girl in before heading back towards his bedroom. "Next time, don't forget your key, Kae," the brunette mumbled just as he was about to round the corner into the hallway.

"Damn, I didn't know you let Kaesi have a key before I even got one."

Jimin froze dead in his tracks at that voice. It was familiar, all-too-familiar to the brunette. How long it had been since he heard that voice, he lost track of the days but god knows how much he missed hearing it.

The brunette slowly turned himself around to face the person, his eyes clouded with tears upon seeing him. Jimin took no time in running up to the ravenette and jumping into his arms. He wrapped his legs around the older boy's waist as he buried his head into the crook of his neck, tears spilling down his cheeks. 

"Yoongi hyung," Jimin sobbed against the ravenette's neck. "I-I missed you s-so much," the brunette let out sob after sob, clutching tightly onto the person he longed to see in such a long time.

Yoongi wrapped his arms around the brunette's waist, holding him tightly against his chest. He nuzzled the side of his jaw against Jimin's head as he too, had a few tears falling down his cheeks. How long it had been since he last held Jimin like that, he hadn't a clue but he missed it so much more than he ever would've thought.

Jimin removed himself from Yoongi's neck, lifting his face so he was looking directly into the ravenette's eyes. He placed his hands on either side of Yoongi's cheeks before leaning down and placing his lips against the older boy's. Their lips molded together as they shared a soft - yet salty from the tears - kiss that they both had been waiting for, for such a long time. 

When Yoongi pulled away, he spun the brunette around in his grasp, relishing the moment spent between the two. It had been so long since they seen each other and all they wanted to do was be in each other;s arms and feel the touch of each other's skin. That's all they've been wanting; just to be by each other's side.

Yoongi stopped spinning the brunette around, a wide gummy smile plastered on his lips. "I'm finally home Jiminie, and I'm never leaving again. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Yoongi hyung."

Jimin leaned down and placed his lips against Yoong's again, his thumbs tracing over the centers of the ravenette's cheeks. Yoongi only tightened his grip onto the brunette's waist, never wanting to let go; afraid he would disappear if he were to let go.

I'm so glad we made it, look how far we've come my baby.

+ note ; ahhh i was imagining yoongi holding jimin as jimin had his hands on yoonig's cheeks when they kissed as the last line of the song played. this was beautiful, im proud of this ending. 

so yes, here's the true ending to art. yoongi was never meant to die, it was supposed to end exactly like this. i hope you all enjoyed, since this story meant a lot to me. it's probably my best so far. 

thank you for over 5k reads, thank you for reading. i hope you enjoyed art, as much as i did.