Meeting On Set

It had only taken three weeks. That was all it had taken for your heart to be taken by the tall, older yet decidedly goofy man that you happened to be working with. When your agent had called with the great news that you would be working on Supernatural, you had immediately become nervous, knowing you were not only taking on a new job, but also a new lifestyle. If the Supernatural fans liked you, and your character, you would have a family forever.

Things had started out great. The crew and cast had welcomed you with open arms. Your character had a recurring role, at least four or five episodes, hopefully more. An Angel that was friends with Castiel, helping out on a hard hunt. The main actors had been distant but kind, giving you the chance to get used to a friendly and welcoming set, so much different than the ones you had been on before. You had heard of Jared and Jensen before, how they were professional but goofy, and they certainly lived up to it. Often times you found yourself standing off to the side, laughing at their antics as they tried to make Misha or Mark mess up their lines.

It was about a week in when Jared caught up to you as you were walking back to your small, little trailer, surprising you. "Hey, Y/N!" He said breathlessly as he matched his long legged strides to your much smaller ones.

"Hi Jared." You said shyly, tucking a stray hair behind your ear. Truth be known you had started to find yourself falling for the tall man even though he hardly even glanced your way. But as you stayed in the background you had slowly seen the kind of man he was, the kind of man you wished you could find for yourself. You weren't even sure if he was ready for a relationship, seeing as how his divorce wasn't even a year old, and he had two small boys that they were still struggling with custody. The rumor was that it had ended amicably, but that could have just been for show. So, you stayed silent in the corner, watching and wishing, unable to be brave enough to make a move.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" He asked, grasping your elbow gently and pulling you to the nearly empty food tent. Sitting down on one side, you waited for him to speak. During that time you took the opportunity to look over his features. He truly was a handsome man, with his hazel eyes, the dimples that always seemed to show up because he was smiling and laughing so much. The mahogany hair he often kept hidden underneath those silly beanies of his. What drew you to him more than anything was the kindness shining underneath that good looking exterior. It was easy to see he had a kind heart, a big heart that he probably gave out more than was healthy for him. And that's what drew you to him more than anything.

"Y/N?" He asked, and you blushed, realizing he had started talking but you had been too distracted by his good looks.

"Sorry, lost in thought." You apologized, ducking your head to hide your red face.

"It's alright." He appeased you. "I was just apologizing for not doing this sooner."

"Doing what?" You asked, tucking your annoying hair back as it kept falling in front of your face.

You watched as he chewed on his bottom lip before speaking. "Talking to you, getting to know you. You've been so quiet, staying off to the side I wanted to make sure we weren't scaring you off."

"No, I'm sorry you would think that. I've just enjoyed watching you guys. How you work, how you can have fun and then go right back to being professional. Teasing and torturing your fellow actors. I'm just glad you haven't picked on me yet."

A huge smile broke out on his face, making him seem like the boy next door, even though he was at least ten years older than you. You, you were a couple of years out of high school, new to acting and living an adult life. But right now, the age difference didn't seem so daunting. "We were afraid to, afraid you would pack up and leave us. And you're such a good actress we didn't want that to happen!"