Babysitting

The next couple of days you purposefully stayed off of any social media. You knew there would be good along with the bad comments, but you couldn't handle seeing the bad ones. So instead of seeing any, you kept yourself busy, which was easy to do.

Filming all of your scenes on Wednesday, you had both Thursday and Friday off before heading to the convention late Friday evening. With plans on sleeping in, before reading through your mail that had gotten a little out of control, you had been surprised when a shy Jared knocked on your bedroom door.

"Hey Y/N, can we talk?" He asked, his tall, lanky body filling up the entire door frame. Patting the bed next to you, he came in, his body sinking down onto the bed, and you fell into him. Laughing, you went to push yourself up, when he just wrapped his arm around you, trapping you against his body.

"What's up?" You asked him, settling yourself against him. 

"So Gen had something come up, and needs someone to watch the kids today and half of tomorrow. I wanted to, but they couldn't reschedule my filming at all. I know the boys really liked you, so I was wondering if you wouldn't mind. I know it's your days off, and I don't want you to feel obligated, but ...."

"Jared, stop." You told him. "I don't mind. Your boys are cute and I'd love to spend more time with them." You assured him.

"You're not just saying that to get in my pants are you? Just because we're together doesn't mean you have to take care of my sons too."

"Of course I want to get in your pants." You told him, more than ready to take your relationship to the next level. "But I want to do this. If we're going to be together, I need to form some sort of relationship with your kids. And this gives me the perfect opportunity." 

"Okay then. I'll call Gen and let her know." He told you, before pressing his lips gently to yours. "But I won't be here when they arrive. I've got to be on set in thirty minutes."

"Don't worry. Everything will be fine." You assured him, swatting him on the butt as he stood up. "Now go become Sam Winchester while I stay here and hang with the kids."

As soon as he was gone, you were up and heading for the shower. Not knowing how long it would take Gen to arrive, you wanted to be ready and not looking like a zombie when she showed up. Within fifteen minutes you were out of the shower, your hair in a simple braid, wearing a pair of leggings and a loose top. Heading downstairs, you double checked the pantry, making sure there were enough kid friendly snacks to at least last the day. As you went to check the fridge, the doorbell rang before the door was opened.

"Y/N?" Gen's voice rang out as a couple of little footsteps sounded throughout the hall.

"In the kitchen!" You yelled, just as two little bodies came barreling through, latching onto you. "Hey guys."

"We missed you." They both exclaimed, just as Gen came rounding the corner. She was dressed nicely, in a pair of black slacks and a light blue shirt. 

"They were so excited when they heard they got to be with you today." She explained. "And thank you again. I know this is short notice, but they just asked me to do a small role, and I couldn't say no."

"It's no problem." You assured her. "I'm ready to hang with these two."

After assuring her a couple more times, she handed over a small bag with clothes and other items, along with a list of emergency numbers to call. After thanking you again, she was out the door, leaving you alone with a couple of smaller children. Which you weren't exactly used to being around.

"So guys. What do we do next?" You asked them, waiting to see what they wanted.

"Movies." Tom exclaimed, heading straight for the living room. Taking Shep's hand, you followed along, hoping that movie watching was an okay activity, and not something you would get yelled at for later.

After a heated discussion on what movie to watch, you settled on a newer cartoon. Settling on the couch, you were surprised when Tom curled up against your side and Shep landed on your lap. Letting them get comfortable, you kind of liked being so close to the kids.

About halfway through the movie, your phone rang, and you picked it up. "Hey Jared." You answered, watching as both boys became interested, asking for the phone.

"The boys there yet?" He asked, and you could hear Jensen in the background.

"Yep. We're watching a movie right now." You told him.

"And they're being good for you?" He asked before you heard them calling him back to set.

"Yep. Boys say a quick hi." You said, turning it to speakerphone. Both boys started talking fast, and you heard Jared say a fast love you before he had to hang up. 

"Is it time for lunch?" Shep asked. "I'm hungry."

Pausing the movie, you went back into the kitchen, letting the boys help make their own lunches. Munching alongside them, you really enjoyed their company. Both were very smart, and well behaved, and you could feel yourself being drawn in, falling for the sweet boys. 

After lunch, you finished the movie, both boys sound asleep by the time the credits played. Covering them with a blanket, you left them laying there, checking your phone to see another text from Jared. "Hope they aren't wearing you out too much."

"They are great. You have nothing to worry about." You assured him.

Grabbing your book, you sat on the chair beside them, staying quiet as they slept, enjoying the relaxing time. It didn't last long before they were both back up and ready for more fun. Wondering how to spend the rest of the day, you decided a walk around the neighborhood was in order. It would give you a chance to see the new place you were living, while keeping both of them occupied and moving.

Making sure you had the stroller just in case one became tired, along with a small bag of necessities, you began walking, with both boys beside you. Pointing out fun plants, or objects at people's houses, the boys were having lots of fun. It was on your way back that Shep became tired, and crawled into the stroller. With Tom still beside you, you began the trek back, just as a familiar car pulled up to the side.

"Need a ride?" Jared asked you, his sunglasses shading his face.

"I don't know. We're not supposed to take rides from strangers." You played along, but Tom looked past you, seeing his Dad.

"Daddy!" He exclaimed, rushing forward just as Jared opened the door. Stepping out, he picked Tom up easily, holding him up. 

"I was able to get done a little early, and thought maybe we could all have dinner together." He explained, before settling Tom into the backseat. Taking Shep, you put him on the other side as Jared tossed the stroller into the back. 

"I was just going to order pizza." You told Jared, and the boys started cheering.

"Pizza it is." He agreed. "Maybe we can have a picnic in our backyard."

"Sounds great." You answered, as Jared headed the car towards home.

"So, how was today?" He asked, his attention mainly on the road.

"It was great. I think we had fun. Did we have fun boys?" You asked them.

"Lots of fun!" Tom exclaimed. "We love Y/N!"

You could feel a huge smile on your face, matching the one on Jared's. It was nice knowing that you were creating a great relationship with Jared's kids, who were so important to him.