Change of Plans

"Jensen, you have the worst timing ever." You muttered, crossing your eyes and frowning at your friend.

"I know!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air. "But the producer is making demands, and I thought it would be safer for me to walk through this door, than some assistant. In case you were..." He stopped, his cheeks flushing at the thought of exactly what he could have walked in to. "But seriously Jar, they need us, now."

Jared turned to you, a frown on his face. "Guess I've got to go. But you don't start filming until the morning, so why don't you head home, and we can continue this celebration as soon as I get home?"

"I think it's better than nothing." You agreed, stepping up on your tiptoes to press a kiss to your cheek. "Just hurry home, okay?"

Nodding, he followed Jensen out of the trailer, making their way to makeup. Sighing, you plopped down on the couch, a headache suddenly pounding behind your eyes. Today had been crazy, and stressful, and you had wanted to release some of that tension. But it wasn't to be, and now you were on your own, and you had no idea for how long.

The longer you sat there, the more you realized you wanted to make this evening as special as possible. You had won the fight, both you and Jared, and you truly did need to celebrate. You had survived the stress of the previous week, and you were hoping your relationship would be stronger than ever.

Resolved, you stood up, grabbing your purse, before leaving the trailer behind you. You had ridden in with Jared, but you had a feeling Cliff would give you a ride. Heading over to the main stage, you saw him standing there, sipping a cup of coffee. "Hey Cliff." You greeted him, the big teddy bear of a man smiling at you. "Do you think you could give me a ride?"

"Of course. Jared now you're leaving?" Cliff asked, standing up for the man he considered a close friend.

"Yes. He has to work, I don't until tomorrow. He told me to head home, so that's what I'm doing." You explained, and Cliff nodded.

After making sure you were buckled into the passenger seat, Cliff turned the Land Rover on, slowly leaving the parking lot. "I take it everything went well at the meeting today?"

"Perfect. Or at least I hope so. I am back to work, and Jared didn't have to do anything drastic. So, I call that a win." You answered, tapping your finger nervously against your lip. You couldn't wait to get home and get your plan in gear.

"I really am glad to hear the two of you are working things out. When you were gone, I've never seen Jared like that. I wanted to find you myself, just so he could at least get some closure." Cliff told me, and I sighed.

"I know, but it was too much. So, I did the only thing my anxiety filled mind was capable of doing. Do I regret it? Definitely parts of it. But it also gave me time to think. And I'm back here. Back on the show, and Jared and I are pushing past these obstacles. Doesn't that count?"

"Yeah, I guess so." Cliff muttered, pulling up to the house. "I know it hasn't been easy for the two of you, but I hope now that you've given the producers a little piece of your mind, things will calm down."

"Thanks Cliff!" You exclaimed as you climbed out of the car, making your way up to the front door. As you turned the key in the lock, your mind was already swirling with ideas. You wanted tonight to be special, just the two of you finally alone.

Tossing your keys on the counter, you began searching through the kitchen, writing a list of items you would need at the store. Humming to yourself, you wondered if you had time to stop at the mall as well, when your phone rang.

Your mind still busy with your shopping list, you answered it quickly, forgetting to check and see who was calling. "Hello?" You answered, as you wrote another item down.

"Y/N? It's Gen." Jared's ex spoke into the phone, sounded stressed.

"Hey Gen, what's up?" You asked, your attention fully on the conversation now.

"First, are things going okay between you and Jared? After, you know, everything?" She questioned.

Glad that people were concerned about you and Jared, you were also getting tired of answering this question. "We're good. I'm back on the show, and our relationship is on the mend."

"Great! That's great!" She answered a little breathlessly. "Listen, I hate to do this, but I have no other choice. Do you think you and Jared could watch the boys tonight? I didn't want to ask because of all the stress you've been through. But there is a family emergency, and I don't really want the boys around it."

Sighing as your plans flew out the window, you found yourself saying yes to Gen. After all, they were Jared's boys, and he needed them in his life as much as possible too. "Thank you so much! You're a lifesaver! I'll be there around four."

That still gave you time to go to the store, even though you were furiously writing a different shopping list now. One that the boys would enjoy. After hanging up with her, you grabbed your keys, driving the short distance to the store. Deciding that you would buy the ingredients for the special dinner you had planned as well as fun stuff tonight, you took a cart.

After buying much more than you needed, you headed back home, struggling with the bags as you slipped through the garage door. Almost falling flat on your face, you dropped them on the counter, heading back for the second load when the doorbell rang.

Heading to the front door, you saw Gen standing there, suitcases behind her, the boys jumping up and down in excitement. "Hey, sorry we're a little early." She mumbled as she pulled you in for a hug. "The boys were excited, and ready to go faster than expected."

"It's okay." You assured her, stepping back to let them in. Tom gave you a huge hug, Shep following him before they raced off to their favorite room, the Den. Their toys were in there, and you knew that would keep them busy for a little bit. "You have time for a drink before you leave?"

She nodded, and you guided her into the kitchen, past your forgotten groceries, starting the tea kettle. "Thank you for taking the boys. I know it's not Jared's weekend or anything, but I didn't have anyone else to turn to."

"Don't worry." You assured her. "We love having the boys, and Jared's been wanting to spend more time with them. They can even come on set with us tomorrow while we film."

"You're amazing." Gen exclaimed, as you handed her a mug of tea. "I didn't want to interrupt things between you and Jared. Not when you're just starting over. But my grandma passed away suddenly, and I need to be down there. I just don't want the boys down there, not yet."

"I understand." You insisted. "It will be nice having Tom and Shep here, so you don't worry. You just need to be with your family, and they can stay here as long as needed."

After giving her another hug, she left for the airport, and you finished putting away the groceries, wondering if you should message Jared, or leave it as a surprise. Deciding to leave it as a surprise, you pulled out a couple of popsicles, heading towards the Den where you could hear the boys playing. "Snack time!" You exclaimed, their faces lighting up as you handed them their popsicles.

"So, I was thinking that we could have a fun family night." You started to explain to them. "Get in pajama's early, eat dinner on the couch and watch movies. How does that sound?"

"Will Daddy be here?" Shep asked, his face already turning red from the popsicle juice.

"Of course!" You exclaimed, just as your phone beeped. Checking it, you smiled up at the boys. "He's on his way home now. What do you say while I get dinner in the oven, you boys change into your pajama's? Then we can surprise him?"