Planning Time

After your talk with Jared, the two of you laid side by side in bed. Not really touching, just staring into each other's eyes as you tried to come to grips with what had just happened. You had never imagined Jared would be home when you returned, and you knew the conversation hadn't exactly gone the way it should have. But it was over, and you had a feeling that your relationship with Jared was on the mend.

His hazel eyes were still red rimmed, the tip of his nose red as he gazed over at you. His long legs were bent, his knees brushing yours. His hands were resting in between the two of you. A couple of times you had seen them move, reaching out to you before dropping back on the covers once again.

You wanted nothing more than to scoot over on the bed, resting your head against his chest, letting him wrap his arms around you. But with the hurt the two of you had gone through, you weren't sure if the two of you were ready for the physical contact.

"Y/N, come here." Jared whispered, opening his arms, and without a second thought you scooted over, cuddling as close as you could against him. With his heart beating under your ear, you felt yourself start to relax for the first time in a long time. Sure, you still had a giant hill to climb, but back in his arms made you feel as if anything was possible.

"Jared, thank you." You mumbled against his shirt. "I don't deserve you, but you've stuck with me. Giving me what I need before I even know I need it."

"Y/N, I love you. I just want to keep you safe. I'm sorry it sent us this way, but I know we can overcome it. This relationship is too important to give up on it now." He assured you, pressing a kiss to your forehead.

Sighing, you let your eyes close, feeling tired for the first time since he had been so cold to you. Settling closer to him, you let your eyes drift shut, knowing that come what may tomorrow, you would rather have your relationship with Jared than your job at Supernatural.

__________________________________

"Y/N, it's time to wake up." Jared whispered in your ear, pressing his lips to your cheek. Groaning, you snuggled deeper down under the covers, never wanting to leave the cocoon of your bed. But memories of last night soon started drifting in, waking you up. Blinking your eyes, you saw Jared's hazel eyes staring down at you through a blanket of his hair.

"Do we have to go?" You asked him, wanting nothing more than to stay in bed with him all day long. To forget about everything, to feel his body pressed against yours once again.

"Yes. We're getting this all figured out. Then, when the break comes up next week, you and I are going somewhere. Anywhere I don't care as long as it's you and me. Some interrupted time for just us." He told you as he guided you into the bathroom. "Now, take a shower, get dressed. Wear your charity shirt. We're going to do a little live video before we head to the studio."

Hearing that made you a little nervous, and you couldn't stop thinking about it as you quickly took a shower and got ready. Making sure you looked okay, you took your time walking down the stairs, smiling at Jared who was sitting out on the patio, a couple of breakfast plates and coffee cups in front of him. Heading out there, you leaned over, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "Eat. Then we'll do our video. The fans have been missing you."

Not very hungry, you nibbled on your food, waiting nervously for the time you would talk to your fans. Wondering if it would make any difference to the producers, or if your time on Supernatural was done. You loved Supernatural, and you wanted to stay. But you also knew you might have burned your bridge there.

"Ready?" He asked you, setting up his phone to record. Nodding, you let out a little squeal when he picked you up, setting you down on his lap. "Let's show these fans that we're still madly in love."

The video went smoothly. Much better than you expected. The fans seemed eager to see you, wishing you well and saying how much they loved the two of you together. Fans went as far as to say there were worried about you, hoping everything was going okay. It was sweet, and it went a long way to make you feel better.

Towards the end of it, Jared turned to camera to face him. "Listen up. The Supernatural family is good at getting what they want. They can work together, and get things done. Well, Y/N needs a little bit of help. The producer's decided they didn't want Y/N and I working together anymore. They decided that publicity wasn't good enough for them. So, they said she needed to go. It created quite a problem. So, what I'm asking you is to send in letters, and emails. Anything to let the producers know that you still want Y/N on the show. That it shouldn't matter that Y/N and I are together. Sure, there's an age difference, but we've given you our opinion on that. So please. If you care about us at all, let them know. We love you, and we can't do anything without you!"

Shutting the video feed off, Jared leaned back in the chair. "There. That puts pressure on the head office. It makes them look bad if they don't give you the job back."

"But what if it was the wrong move?" You asked him worriedly. "What if it pushes their hand the wrong way, and they get rid of the both of us?"

"I have a contract, and they know this show won't survive without Sam Winchester." He answered you, his voice full of conviction. "They won't be that stupid."