Meeting With The Producers

As Jared drove to the studio, you sat quietly in the passenger seat. Your hands continued to mess with the hole in your jeans, worrying it as your mind ran through every possibility of what could happen. You were scared that even with all of Jared's threats, things still wouldn't be fixed. That one or both of you would lose your jobs. You knew you would rather have it be you than Jared. If Jared left Supernatural, it would falter and you couldn't have that.

"Hey, it will be okay." Jared assured you, reaching over and grasping your hand. "They have to listen to us, and we'll figure this out."

"I sure hope so." You sighed. "But promise me that you will not quit. Not for me. Sam is needed much more than my character, and I can find another job."

"But that means you might have to head down to California, and I don't want that separation yet." He argued. "Our relationship is still new, and we've had nothing but trouble. I'm afraid if we're separated, it's going to mess this up too much. And we've fought to hard for that."

"I agree. But I don't know what else to do if they don't give me my job back." You answered. "I don't want to leave you. I want to stay here, and be by your side."

By this time Jared was pulling up to the security gate, the familiar face of the security officer smiling at both of you. "Y/N! We've been missing you around here! Hope that this means you're coming back?"

"I sure hope so." You answered him as he let you through. Jared drove to his normal parking spot, right in front of his trailer. Glancing down, you realized your hands were shaking, your face feeling clammy and pale. "Jared, I don't know if I can do this. You know how much I hate confrontation."

"I know you can do this. You're brave, and strong, and you want this. You'll fight for what is right." He insisted, having more faith in me than I had in myself. "And I'll be at your side, the entire time."

Nodding, you took a deep breath, letting him pull you out of the car. As you waited for him to lock it, the trailer on the right opened, and Jensen stepped out. A look of relief on his face, he came striding over, crushing you to him. "You had us so worried." He exclaimed, holding you at arm's length to make sure you were okay.

"I know. And I'm so sorry." You muttered, feeling bad that you had caused so many people grief.

"As long as you're back here, and safe, that's all that matters." He told you, pressing a kiss to the top of your head, just as Jared came over.

"Dude! You have your own wife!" Jared teased, tucking you close at his side. With how tall he is, you fit neatly there, your head almost an arm rest for him.

"Yeah, but Y/N and I are going to elope, aren't we?" He teased, laughing when Jared ground his teeth together. "But truthfully? Y/N, you're like a little sister to me, and I don't want anything bad happening to you."

"Thanks Jensen. You're pretty awesome yourself." You answered as Jared pulled you away from his friend, and towards the main offices.

"Good luck!" Jensen yelled before heading back into his trailer. As you made the short trek to the main offices, people kept stopping you, wishing you well or saying how much they missed you. It was heartwarming and sweet, and made you realize how much you had missed being on set. You loved this place. Everyone was like one big family, that loved and supported each other better than blood. It would break your heart to leave this place, and you hoped that it wouldn't come to that.

Walking through the main door, you saw the producer's door was open, his secretary smiling at you. "He was expecting you." She told you. "You can head right on in."

You started to walk forward, Jared still right by your side when she shook her head. "I'm sorry Mr. Padalecki, but he specifically requested only Miss Y/L/N. You can wait out here if you like."

"No, I don't like. I want to be in there with her." Jared started arguing, but you didn't want him to make a scene. Pulling on his hand, you pulled him down until you could whisper in his ear.

"I can do this. Because you believe in me." You whispered.

Pressing a quick kiss to his lips, you walked past the secretary, into a room you seldom were in. The producer, Jim was sitting behind his large desk, papers neatly spread across. Pictures and posters hung on his wall, many of him with famous actors. He really seemed to enjoy the publicity part of his job. Truthfully, you had never cared for the man, but you had to be careful right now. You had to act, like you never acted before.

Gesturing to the seat across from him, he turned back to his phone call, muttering about price ranges and how things were becoming outrageous. It was a full five minutes before he finally finished his phone call, hanging up and lacing his fingers across his thick stomach, he finally looked your way. "I wasn't sure we would be seeing you here again Miss Y/L/N."

You weren't sure how to answer that, so you just stayed silent, waiting for him to continue. "We didn't really part on good terms, and I'm glad we have this chance to talk."

"I'm sorry for the way I acted..." You started, but he raised a hand, stopping you.

"Totally understandable, totally understandable." He repeated, reaching forward and holding out a candy jar to you. "After all your relationship with Jared was rocky, to say the least. He had just broken up with you, per our request. You had no idea why, and you were hurting."

"True, but..." You started, but he seemed to like the sound of his own voice and he stopped you once again.

"That wasn't very nice of us. But you must understand. This is show business, and we were just looking for the best promotion of our show. Having the two of you dating, with you so much younger than him? Well, it seemed to backfire, and we couldn't have that."

"So, what are your plans moving forward?" You finally asked him.

Sighing, he leaned forward, tapping his fingers on the desk, looking at you, not saying a word. You wanted to squirm under his gaze, but you forced yourself to sit there calm and collected, waiting for his decision. For the chance to argue it, and give yourself another chance at working here.

"It's simple, really." He told you, pushing some papers your way. "You never really actually quit. There are these papers to sign before that happens."

"And if I don't want to quit?" You questioned, making no move to take the papers.