.14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

the room held light, yet, none of it reached the people standing there. everyone was so blank and withdrawn, not one hint of any emotion shown.

no one seemed to of moved an inch since finding their way there, everyone just shuffled on in and kept to themselves.

although, all their eyes were trained on two particular things- beings.

hyungwon was laying in a bed, head wrapped in some bandages, arms and legs tended to as well in the same fashion. some cuts and scraps seemed to of been tended to as well, but were left unwrapped. bruises dotted his body and dirt tainted his hair.

he was a mess. but at this particular moment in time, he was peaceful.

the other bed was occupied with hoseok's unconscious figure.

minghao informed everyone when everything became clear again that it was hoseok's fragile state that made him black out during the teleportation. if he wasn't so battered and bruised, he would've been okay.

but sadly, he didn't make it like the rest.

the next few days went the same, none of them moved, no one ate and it seemed like no one even slept. the black contours under their eyes and the paleness of their skin, made it seem as if the dead has risen.

minghao checked on them regularly to make sure no one has actually died, though. and even made some food and gave them drinks, only to walk back in 2-3 hours later to find that none of it was touched. his efforts didn't go unnoticed however, minhyuk watched, even if he didn't look as so he was, and he made sure to thank the chinese boy as soon as he had enough strength to do so.

after all, if it wasn't for minghao coming as soon as he did, hyungwon may as well be dead. but thankfully, he's alright, alive- at least.

it's around the early hours of the morning, sun rise is just around the corner and the small cottage-like home is immersed in fog from the dense forest that surrounds the small building. its a surprise that the usually quiet house is filled with soft snoring, the normally stressful and tense atmosphere feels unusually lighter, and a tad less sorrowful.

a set of different sounds were heard throughout the small room alarming minhyuk who sat in between the two beds on an uncomfortable plastic chair. his head shot up, the sleepiness making him unable to focus as he looked around the room.

nothing seemed out of the ordinary, everyone was still in the same place that they settled in as soon as they filed into the small room.

jooheon was in his chair at the end of hyungwon's bed, hyunwoo was perched up against the wall, kihyun next to him curled in a fetal position, changkyun was at the end of hoseok's bed and both of those sleeping boys were sat up.

wait.

minhyuk faltered as he looked at the two beside him in their separate beds. his head was pounding and his heart was racing a million miles an hour.

hoseok was sitting there trying to make sense of the situation and hyungwon groaned as he attempted to even lift his body into a sitting positing- he still managed though.