.17

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

hyungwon went to lunch that day with a headache.

the dull, throbbing pain numbed his senses and all he felt like doing was flopping over and carking it. the poor boy even forgot about meeting hoseok for lunch and if it wasn't for quite literally stumbling into said boy, he probably wouldn't of found himself siting underneath the shade of a big oak tree, sun barely peaking through the swaying leaves, and hoseok's hand wouldn't be running through hyungwon's brown locks every now and then, creating a peaceful atmosphere.

a soft, quiet groan slipped passed hyungwon's lips as he shuffled in his position on hoseok's lap.

"everything okay?" hoseok quietly asked.

"no. i want to combust." the chestnut-haired boy sleepily replied, eyes already closed and breathing getting slower.

"have some lunch and drink water. i'll let you sleep the rest of lunch if you do that for me." hoseok tried to make a deal. hyungwon thought about it as he weighed the pros and cons, only finding positive outcomes if he did as he was told.

so, he ate the sandwich he made that morning, and drank water hoseok offered him, finally, he made himself more comfortable on hoseok's lap- the elder shifted so he was also slightly laying down too- and shut his eyes. the calming sounds of the breeze lulling him into a peaceful nap. hoseok's fingers brushing against his scalp made him feel fuzzy and soon enough, not even five minutes later, did the chestnut-haired boy fall into a relaxing sleep.

hoseok never stopped brushing through hyungwon's hair, even after he fell asleep. instead he watched the boy, with a look full of adoration. the affection and feelings he held for the younger made his heart swell as he thought about how close they've gotten in such a small amount of time.

at first, he thought they'd get nowhere, especially since the younger made it very clear that hoseok was trying too hard and didn't make any sort of positive impression on him at their first meeting.

but, hoseok understood that there were boundaries and he respected them, even if flirting with hyungwon was too hard to pass up- seeing the youngers flustered reactions to anything kind hoseok said, made it worth it- it was just a shame that hyungwon reacted so harshly the first few times.

hoseok thought for sure he'd get nowhere with hyungwon.

so, the silver-haired boy cherished the times where hyungwon wasn't glaring at him or avoiding him in the hallways. he cherished the talks that didn't involve being told to get lost and he cherished the time at the cottage where it was just them, talking and having fun. he cherished the way the younger felt at peace with the elder, and trusted him enough to sleep on his lap through lunch. he had hope within him that maybe something would come from this friendship they've made.

he hoped that hyungwon didn't realise just how close they've gotten and distance himself.

he hoped for the younger to see that, although, hoseok is a bit of a grease ball when he wants to be, he's got a heart of gold and cares deeply for the younger.

in so many ways he just hopes. hoseok hopes for that happy ending, hopes for the feelings to be shared and hopes for the younger to not push him away.

so, with those positive feelings living throughout his heart, hoseok just sits there, ignoring the hunger and want for food, and let's hyungwon rest peacefully throughout the whole hour of lunch, trying his best to keep all movement to a minimum.

and as hyungwon gets woken by the bell at the end of that hour, he's met with hoseok's smiling face. the adoration alive in his eyes and heat is clearly displayed on his cheeks.

hyungwon can't help but feel like melting due to how cute hoseok looks.

"come on, we have the same class next. don't want to be late." hoseok gently informs, helping hyungwon up after himself. his hands are warm, making hoseok not want to let go, and to his surprise, the younger doesn't let go. he only grabs his bag with his free hand and pulls the elder along to their next class.

both walk in at the same time, hands still intwined and hyungwon looks undeniably cute as he yawns a little bit, stumbling through the door after hoseok made the first move to actually step foot into the classroom.

not many people are in the class yet, but the few that are coo at how child-like hyungwon looks- hair mussed up and face a little puffy from his nap- he's the epitome of adorable.

hoseok couldn't agree more as they find their designated seats at the back, in the left corner, and hyungwon immediately goes to lay his head down onto the elders shoulder, soft snores already leaving his mouth.

"hoseok." said boy was snapped out of his smiley trance he was put in as he stared at the sleeping boy, and looked around to find who whispered his name.

"hoseok." he heard to his left. a girl at the table next to them, he believed her name was dasom, smiled when she caught his attention.

"are you two dating?" she asked. her smile said that she was friendly but hoseok couldn't be sure, although he hasn't heard anything bad about the girl, he has experienced badmouthing from those who are homophobic. what if she was kind but just said the wrong thing to the wrong person? he didn't want hyungwon getting bullied for his own selfish feelings.

"it's okay, i'm also gay and i know what it's like to be cautious about that fact, but i just wanted to say that you two are so cute together." her tone was gentle and relaxed as she spoke quietly, and hoseok instantly relaxed. she did indeed seem sincere about her words, so hoseok trusted her.

"well," hoseok looked at hyungwon and a smile instantly appeared on his face. "we aren't together. but, i do like him. a lot."

dasom squealed quietly, her smile getting bigger. 

"i wish you all the best! i'm totally rooting for you two!" she gushed, her hands fanning her face.

hoseok smiled and chuckled at her excited behaviour. soon enough the teacher along with all the other students filed in and hoseok woke hyungwon up so he didn't miss the lesson.

little did he know, hyungwon was awake the whole time.

[a/n;

hehehehehehehe (': my sons are so cute, wowza. even im getting feels writing this.

anyways, I hope you all enjoyed, it may be a day or two late but, I hope the fluff excuses my tardiness!

+ side note;
are you ever just laying on your side when reading and a stray tear falls from your eye nd you kinda wanna tag yourself as that tear bc same