.20

CHAPTER TWENTY

food could only serve as a good enough distraction for hoseok until he felt like a fat piece of shit. so, after about three days of comfort eating and maybe shedding a tear or two (more like sobbing for a full hour over hyungwon, but then it changed into crying about anything and everything for the next few hours after that.) hoseok decided to go out in search of the missing male.

it was thursday around five in the afternoon, the twilight hour just begun as hoseok packed his bag with the essentials; his phone, portable charger,
some food (of course, he is still emotional), some water and also a flashlight. after that, hoseok slipped on an extra jacket and his shoes and made his way outside. he bid his parents goodbye, promising to be back before nine.

they tried to stop him with a short yell of protest, only to realise the house was now occupied by themselves and silence.

hoseok's parents heaved a sigh, hoping their son will be safe as they realised nothing would stop him anyways.

halfway up the road and hoseok realised he didn't have a plan set in place for his quest. he quickly dismissed it and just decided to wander through the streets. hopefully something will come to him as he walks aimlessly around.

thinking of places hyungwon knows and possibly finds comfort in, hoseok shifted through his memories. the only place he's been to with hyungwon is the river and the warehouse.

the silver-haired male decided to check the river first. although, something about the memory of being yelled at the first time made him feel a little hesitant. but, he concluded, if it meant having a chance of finding the missing person, it was worth a shot.

so he made his way to the destination in mind, trying to remember correctly how he got there the first time. after all; it wasn't like he paid any attention to his surroundings as he tried to keep up with the mystical being, flying through the trees with kihyun.

the walk took a while but hoseok didn't mind, as long as he was trying to find hyungwon, he'd walk forever.

wow, that was sappy as fuck, chill hoseok.

the silver-haired boy finally passed through all the trees, the grassy clearing coming into view, the flowers coving patches of the ground made hoseok feel peaceful but as he looked around he realised the view was missing something important.

hyungwon.

shaking his head and heaving a sad sigh, hoseok scanned the area one, maybe five, more times before he backed up into the forest and turned around to make his way over to the next destination in mind; the warehouse.

backtracking through the leaves and branches, hoseok thought about what he might do if he did find the male taking up his thoughts.

would he be angry and go off at him for leaving and not giving anyone notice of his whereabouts? would he hug him? would hgungwon even allow that? what if he got all emotional and cried? that'd be super awkward.

the silver-haired boy looked up to the sky, as if it held answers. and maybe if he looked close enough he'd find a clue drifting through the colourful sky. but, he didn't find anything, just the end of the track as he finally made it out of the winding, towering trees.