.18

(monsta x's teasers got me feeling a whole new level of feelings.)

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

just when hyungwon thought his headache was getting better, hoseok's confession sent a head spinning wave of confusion and a bunch of other jumbled emotions his way.

the boy should've opened his eyes before dasom said anything. actually, he shouldn't of even tried to fall asleep again. or maybe, he should've tried harder to fall asleep upon the elders shoulder. maybe even use the desk.

he's gotten too close to hoseok. people are realising it.

the strangest part is; hyungwon doesn't even care.

he likes being close to hoseok. the feelings the older makes him feel give him something to look forward to. the hand holding, obnoxious - but heart fluttering - flirtatious remarks, the gummy smiles.

all those things make hyungwon's heart leap and he doesn't want that feeling to go away.

but, hyungwon thought, it has to.

getting close to anyone who isn't like the chestnut-haired boy has always been a risk. it's why he closed himself off, always sat in the library or on the buildings rooftop at lunchtime.

it's why his only friends are like him.

minhyuk and kihyun; they both posses the same powers, maybe not as powerful as hyungwon, but powers all the same.

their kind shouldn't be messing with mortals and their feelings. no one should mix with their kind.

another pulsing wave of emotions hit him when he looked to his left to only see that hoseok was already looking at him, concern laced in his features.

the elder cares so much for the younger and wanting to get rid of such a thoughtful and selfless friendship hurt his head (and heart) in ways that made hyungwon want to throw himself into a dark abyss with no way of coming back.

hyungwon quickly dismissed the look with a fake smile and a shake of his head, trying to tell the elder not to worry, wordlessly.

the rest of that class went by with hyungwon muttering as little as nothing to the boy that sat beside him.

hoseok, confused and hurt by hyungwon's strange and distant behaviour, was astounded by how fast the taller's mood could change. one moment, he was dozing off on his shoulder looking like a small, cute child and the next, hyungwon couldn't even look his way; acting as if he didn't mean anything to him.

as soon as the bell rang, hyungwon darted for the door, hoseok fast behind him. but, as soon as they reached a busy intersection flooded with other students, hoseok lost sight of hyungwon's lanky figure. sighing in defeat, hoseok dejectedly walked to his next class, a frown etched upon his features.

hyungwon wasn't seen again that day.

hoseok was in full panic mode by the end of fifth period. he had asked minhyuk, who he shared that class with, if he had seen the boy of question and to hoseok's dismay, minhyuk shook his head, going back to his work.

so many thoughts were rushing through his head and his heart hurt with all of them.

what had he done that made hyungwon avoid him again? was it even hoseok? maybe the chestnut-haired boy had family matters to tend to. but then again, hoseok was with the boy all day and not once did he see hyungwon reach for his phone. did he even have a phone?

nothing made sense.

hoseok, for the life of him, couldn't think o a single logical reason for hyungwon's sudden disappearance. and it's tearing him apart. all he wants to do is help in whatever way he can, and if he's the problem, he wants to fix whatever he's done that caused hyungwon to quickly leave and not show his face again.

as the silver-haired boy made his way through the school hallway to exit the building, he heard a cheery voice call out to him.

"hoseok!" he turned to the direction, finding a smiling dasom to his left, across the hallway.

"hey." hoseok waved, a small, weak smile on his face. dasom's smile faded as she noticed the look on the boys face. she made her way across the hall to him.

"what's got you so glum?" she pouted.

"uh, it's nothing. don't worry." he shook his head, trying his best to put on a more convincing act of being okay. she hummed in thought then looked around, noticing something missing.

"hey, where's hyungwon?" that question seemed to struck a cord with hoseok and dasom noticed it straight away. she knew then that the reason for hoseok's off behaviour was because of the said boy.

"what happened with you two? did you finally confess and he didn't take it well?" the raven-haired girl asked gently. the topic was obviously sensitive but she wanted to help in whatever way she could.

hoseok shook his head, a frown now replacing the fake smile he had on before.

"no, he's just gone. i don't know why, though. after that class we had together he just left. i've been looking for him all day." hoseok slumped against the lockers to his right. his frantic mindset coming into play again. his thoughts went wild with thinking about what happened to the boy.

"he was fine all morning then he woke up and-" hoseok cut his own sentence off. a thought that actually made sense popped up, making him freeze.

"actually, i think i do know what happened." dasom gestured for him to elaborate. curious about what hoseok was going on about.

"what you said before; about confessing. what if he heard me? what if he freaked out and that's why he's avoiding me? gah! i fucked up!" hoseok ran his hands through his hair, crouching down to compose himself. he closed his eyes and took in a few deep breaths. standing up, he faced dasom again.

"what do i do?" he pleaded.

dasom shook her head, her hair flowing with the movement.

"there's not much you can do other than talk to him about it. i don't know what he's thinking, but, maybe he's just scared?"

"that would be a good idea if i could find him." hoseok sighed. they stood in silence for a few more moments, thinking of plans to help hoseok find hyungwon. nothing was working though and just when they collectively decided to give up, dasom's phone rang, her mum calling to say that she's there to pick her up.

hoseok thanked her for her kindness and help, giving her a quick hug as a goodbye.

when she left, hoseok crouched back down in the empty hall.

hyungwon, i'm sorry.

[a/n;

y'all.  the angst is starting and i suck at angst so it won't last long lmao.

thanks for reading! <3