Chapter One.

Being a student. It was a frightening aspect that I’d be living in a house with Harry, Liam, Zayn, Hannah, Ellie and Charlotte on our first year of university. And I’d be the only single person living there. After my long term boyfriend, Louis Tomlinson moved to Philadelphia a few years back, I hadn’t been someone who wanted to be tied down. Because I knew what it was like to be heartbroken. And I hated it. I never wanted to feel that way again. So I’d been careful… if I sensed something bad, I would break it off before I had a chance to get heartbroken. But now, on this day, I could start again. This was my clean slate, as it were.

I hadn’t seen the house we were moving into, but Harry’s stepdad, Robin, had bought it for us. And although none of us had ever said anything to Harry, we knew they were quite wealthy.

So let me talk you through my friends. There was Harry Styles, cheeky chap and new found best mate. We’d become close after Louis moved away. And now we were so close, he was my boy best mate. Then there was his girlfriend and one of my other best friends, Ellie. Ellie was stunning, with long, blonde hair. They made a beautiful couple. Then there was Hannah, who had brown-ginger hair. She was also one of my best friends. Her boyfriend, Zayn, was dashing also with a quiff and big brown eyes. Liam and Charlotte were the sensible couple, young and in love. Liam had once had a girlfriend called Celeste, and thought he had gotten her pregnant, when the actual fact was that it was Harry’s baby. Celeste was one of our best friends too, but three years ago she had her daughter Emma, and now stayed at home looking after her. Charlotte had short, browny-blonde hair. She was also very pretty, with eyes that could change color. Our other friends, Claudia and Niall were very much in love and they had moved to Ireland to get married. We had all received wedding invites, and we would be attending the wedding in December. Bethan was another friend of ours, but she wasn’t coming to university with us. She was going to a college somewhere else in the country to study something or other that I didn’t really understand.

The morning of us going to uni had arrived. We were all travelling together in Liam’s campervan. I woke up at eight, I showered and got dressed. I pulled on faded blue jeans, a large blue and white striped jumper and white flats. It was quite cold outside for September. My mum helped me pack the rest of my belongings. I had two cases full. I hoped it would fit in the van. Liam was coming to pick me up at ten and now it was nine thirty. I sighed. I wouldn’t be coming back here until October.

“Chloe?” My mum called me into the kitchen.

“Mum?” I walked in. She had a huge blue bag in her hands which she thrust at me.

“Alright sweetie, this is a bag of food. I’ve made two curries, three lasagnas, a macaroni and cheese and a Sheppard’s Pie. They’re all frozen, defrost them when you need them. Also in here are a couple bottles of water, a bottle of ribena, two cartons of milk and some juice, apple, orange and exotic.”

“Wow! Thanks mum!” I said, kissing her on the cheek.

“You’re welcome sweetheart!” Mum hugged me. I was gonna miss this woman.

Liam arrived; he and Harry came to the door to help me with my bags.

My dad, mum and brother saw me off. This was going to be hard.

We drove for about two hours, and around lunchtime, we arrived at the address in Liam’s set nav.

“This can’t be it.” Charlotte gasped.

“It is.” Harry beamed, “Nice one Robin!”

It was a huge house. And I mean huge. We opened the front door and there was a giant hall, with a spiral staircase. To the side of the hall, was a door to a huge living space, with a staircase going downstairs that Zayn went to look down, as we checked out the kitchen. It was massive, with a breakfast bar and slate flooring. Upstairs there were two bathrooms and five bedrooms, one for Harry and Ellie, one for Charlotte and Liam, one for Hannah and Zayn, one for me and one left over. I chucked my cases in my room and went downstairs to see what was going on.

I walked into the living room.

“Zayn, why are you wet?” Harry asked.

Zayn was stood at the top of the staircase in the living room, dripping wet.

“I fell in the pool." He grumbled.

“THE POOL?” I shouted, running down the stairs. And then I saw it, the swimming pool. It stretched out in front of me. This was a dream. It had to be.

Hannah was sat on a chair by the pool.

“Pushed Zayn in, didn’t you?” I asked.

She smirked. I took that as a yes.

“CANNONBALL!” Harry shouted as he ran down the stairs and jumped in the pool. He had changed into his trunks and was now swimming all around the pool, “Look at me, I’m in MY OWN SWIMMING POOL.”

I laughed. His hair fell over his face. He looked like a dripping wet poodle. I fell about laughing. This was going to be a good year. I could sense it.