Chapter Four.

I woke up, got up and looked in the full length mirror in the corner of the room. My hair was all over my face and I smelt like sleep. It was 8:30. I hopped across the hall and into the bathroom, locked the door and hopped in the shower. The warm water revived me. I wrapped myself in a fluffy white towel and walked back across the landing. Nobody seemed to be about. I dried my hair and straightened it and then I got dressed. I wore a blue floral dress with a brown leather belt around the middle, brown sandals, some gold earrings and some bangles. I went downstairs, nobody was in the kitchen, but I heard noise from outside, so I went into the garden. On the decking, there was a large jug of smoothie on the table, with seven glasses surrounding it, some had been used. Liam was sat on a sunbed, reading the paper, Charlotte was on the sunbed next to him with her headphones in and Harry and Zayn were on the lawn, messing around with the hose, in shorts but nothing else.

“Morning!” I called out.

“Morning,” Harry and Zayn said in unison, waving madly.

Liam nodded at me and Charlotte lifted her head, “Hello!” She waved frantically, I laughed.

I poured out some smoothie and sipped it. It was nice, strawberry and banana.

“YOU BASTARD!” I looked up, Zayn’s beige shorts were all wet. It looked like he’d pissed himself. I laughed. Zayn pulled the hose out of Harry’s hand and sprayed it in his face, causing his curls to fall over his face in a soaking wet mess. I walked down the garden. I held out my hand.

“Hose.” I said.

“No…” Zayn whined

“Give me the hose.” I warned.

“Give her the hose, man.” Harry said.

Zayn handed me the hose. I pressed my finger over the hole where the water comes out and sprayed Zayn and Harry. All over. They were drenched.

“You little bitch.” Zayn said.

I dropped the hose and ran screaming down the garden as Harry and Zayn came after me.

“NO! HARRY! ZAYN!” I screeched, I flew up the stairs of the decking and ducked behind the table. Harry came from one side and Zayn from the other. Zayn grabbed my arm. I tried to break his grip. Harry hauled me over his shoulder in a fireman’s lift. I kicked as he carried me through the living room and down the stairs into the pool room.

“HARRY EDWARD STYLES! IF YOU…” But it was too late, Harry had already deposited me in the pool.

I emerged and Harry and Zayn were standing by the side of the pool, giving each other high fives and laughing.

“YOU TWATS!” I said, getting out of the pool, “I’M GOING TO HAVE TO CHANGE NOW, AND GET RE-SHOWERED!”

Between bits of hysterical laughter, Zayn managed to choke out, “Chloe, you look like a freaking panda.”

I growled and Harry and Zayn exchanged worried glances. They both took off up the stairs.

“I’M GONNA KILL YOU BOTH.” I said, following them. I met Hannah in the living room.

“Morning… What happened to you?” She looked amused.

“YOUR BOYFRIEND AND HARRY THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE FUNNY.” I shouted. I could hear Harry and Zayn laughing in the garden.

Hannah fell about laughing.

“IT’S NOT FUNNY! Now I have to get dressed again.” I moaned.

I tromped up the stairs and went into the bathroom, taking off all my clothes. I decided I’d put them in Harry’s bed when Ellie was out of it… And then Harry and Zayn could wash my dress. I loved my dress. Grrr… I hopped in the shower for the second time that morning, wrapped myself in a towel, dried my hair and then got dressed. I pulled on a turquoise Hollister top, faded denim shorts and some white converse type shoes. By now, it was almost 12. I had really wasted the morning. I went downstairs. Ellie was sat in the living room, reading ‘We Love Pop’ magazine.

“Hey, I heard about the water fight.” Ellie said, stifling a laugh.

Oh, so that’s what they were calling it… The Water Fight…

“Yeah… Where is Harry?” I asked.

“Games Room.” Ellie said, flipping the page of the magazine casually.

“We have a games room?” I asked. This was news to me.

“Yeah, it’s that door off the hall that we all thought was a cupboard.”

I shook my head in disbelief and went into the games room. There was a table football, a pool table, a Wii on one TV, and an X-Box on the other TV.

“Woah.” I said, looking around. Harry and Zayn were playing Fifa on the X-Box.

“SHOOT! SHOOT!” Harry was shouting.

“It won’t shoot if you just tell it…” Zayn said.

“I am pressing buttons!” Harry protested

“Which buttons?”

“All of them…”

“Oh Harry… BACK OFF THE NET.” Zayn shouted.

“Not fair, you’re Barcelona and I’m Burnley…”

“You were the one that was being cocky and saying you could thrash me as any team…”

I cleared my throat. This needed to stop.

“Hey… Oh…” Harry trailed off.

“Technically, Harry was the one that threw you in the pool, so I’m in the clear.” Zayn held his hands up.

Then Harry noticed the dark blue, wet mess that I had in my hands.

“Is that your…?” Harry asked.

“Yes. Wash it.” I said, throwing it at Harry.

“How?” Harry whined.

“Ask Liam.” I said, and I turned on my heels and left.

“LUNCH.” Liam shouted from the kitchen. Liam had made chicken-noodle soup. Seven steaming bowls of it were laid out on the table, with a basket of crusty rolls in the centre of it. I sat down.

“I’ll make dinner, Li.” I said.

“Ah, cheers.” Liam said, sitting down opposite me.

Harry and Zayn walked into the kitchen. They sat down, Harry next to me, with Ellie on his other side. Charlotte and Hannah came into the kitchen and sat down also. We ate in silence for a bit.

“Hey… Liam?” Harry said, shyly.

“Yeah?” Liam said, looking up.

“Umm… How do you wash a dress?”