Lancelot

Merlyne was now outside castle, picking herbs for Gaius on a bright day.

It was nice to finally get away from all the business in the castle that fed everyone up. Cause in the forest, it was peaceful.

The witch did carry a sword with her on her outings for Gaius to the forest since Arthur had insisted on it.

Unconsciously, the warlock prince did care for his maidservant althrough he never said that out loud in public.

Suddenly, the physician's ward heard a low growl and looked up. She drew the sword while she placed the basket with herbs down near a tree.

"Who's there?" Merlyne shouted, her hands firmly on the grip of the sword.

Arthur had been training her for the past weeks now and she was getting better, but still nowhere near perfect.

The witch took a deep breath as she walked deeper into the forest, closer to the sound.

Then, she saw a large creature with a set of large brown feathery wings, four claws and the head of an eagle.

A man, a quite handsome one, with dark brown curly hair reaching just over his ears was trying to fight the creature that was a Griffin. He was on the point of collapsing due the large gash in his side.

Just then, his sword broke in countless splinters when he tried to stab the Griffin in the shoulder.

The Griffin stroke with its claw, throwing the man a few meters away against a fallen tree.

Merlyne came in action, ripping her dress* a large part shorter. Luckily she wore white trousers underneath.

She jumped on the open field, in front of the wounded man.

The Griffin roared viciously.

"Get another meal!" the witch groaned as she charged at the magical beast. She was able to get a cut in the Gryffin's nail, but that was it.

Merlyne's sword shattered as she threw it against the side of the fleeing animal.

"Great, now I've got to tell Arthur that!" the witch groaned before turning to the man.

He had a large gash on his side, something that could infect rather quickly.

"Thank you, for the save." the man said, a smile on his face. "I'm Lancelot."

"Merlyne. I'll bring you to a physician, just hold on to me." Merlyne said as she took one of his arms to lay around her shoulder so she was able to get him up. She was not strong, but she had to get him to Gaius.

The witch got lucky as she neared the citadel, a pair of Arthur's loyal knights were so noble to help her carry Lancelot to her uncle's quarters.

As they tumbled in, Gaius raised his eyebrows at the large gash. "By the gods! What caused that ugly one?"

"A Gryffin. I scared it away for a little while, but it'll come back." Merlyne told as the knights placed Lancelot on the bed.

The physician paled. "Oh my goodness, Merlyne! Those creatures are dangerous!"

"As if I don't know that myself! But I couldn't leave him to die at the creature's claws." the young witch told.

"I understand, but please, be careful!" Gaius hissed.

Merlyne rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, of course! I just need to inform Arthur about my broken sword and get a new one. Nothing unsuspicious here."

--//--