Remedy To Cure All Ills

It was a particular normal day at Camelot.

People had had enough of all the danger for a while and were enjoying the silence for as long as they were able to.

A new enemy was always lurking around the corner.

Merlyne walked through the corridors after bringing Arthur his breakfast like she always did to get back to her room in Gaius's quarters. But upon her arrival, she found the King himself sitting on one of the chairs, looking broken.

"My lord?" the witch servant asked.

"I asked Gaius to tend my ward, she's gone insanely ill last night. He wanted me to wait until you were back." the King told. "You need to help him."

"Can't it wait until I'm ready with my duties for your son? The Prince tends to get a bit unbearable if nothing's happened." Merlyne told.

"I get another servant doing it!" Uther nearly lashed out.

The witch blinked with her eyes a few times before slowly stepping backwards out of the door. "I'm going to help Gaius, I trust it they are in Morgana's quarters or is it the west wing?"

"West wing." the King told.

Merlyne nodded and quickly made her way there.

In the west wing, she saw Lady Morgana lying on the bed, almost still if it weren't for her lips slightly moving.

Gwen and Gaius were sitting on her bedside.

"Gwen, would you please get some more rosemary and yarrow?" the physician said, almost sadly.

The maid got up and brought the herbs from the closet.

"Gaius, from what is she suffering?" the witch servant asked.

"There's something with her brain, but I cannot determine it." the old man said, his tone sad. He hated it when he couldn't do anything to get someone better.

"You'll find something Gaius, I'm fairly sure of that." Merlyne told.

"I am not sure of it Merlyne, it feels like I'm missing something." Gaius was shaking his head. "I get this done and then I treat some of the injured Knights. Oh, Gwen, would you pass this to Sir Lancelot when passing his quarters?"

Guinevere took the tonic from Gaius as she left the west wing and her mistress behind.

Once Gaius had gone too, the witch sat down on the chair next to Morgana's bed.

The beautiful woman's red lips were still moving, as trying to say something.

Merlyne leaned closer, maybe she could hear words.

"... Arthur... danger..." slowly escaped Morgana's lips in a very soft whisper. "... strange woman... fall of Camelot..."

The witch blinked in confusion before laying her hand on the older woman's forehead, murmuring a spell so she too could see what Morgana saw.

--//--

Merlyne was looking through bars upon the throne room, Arthur next to her as they both wore their armours.

Morgana was seated upon the throne that once belonged to Uther Pendragon, now she with the Queen's crown upon her head. Her face might have shone with arrogance, but the green eyes told a story of being forced.

Next to the throne stood two women, one was the one service maid from Mercia that turned out to be a sorceress. She wore a long sleeveless red dress and her black hair was twisted behind her head, an evil smirk on her red lips.