Death Song of Uther Pendragon

Five weeks earlier...

"I, King Arthur Pendragon, have decided to proclaim the ban on magic no longer active. Magic is now allowed in Camelot. No longer will anyone die after helping those in need. But anyone using magic against those who protect these lands, shall have a trail before the court before punishment is decided. Also, I have a confession to make. I am a warlock, I was born with magic and I've always had it. There are more here in Camelot who have magic and have been here during the rule of my father Uther Pendragon. They shall reveal themselves when the time comes. Fear of magic is no longer necessary." and the King waved with his hand as his eyes turned moonlight white.

Rainclouds formed themselves over the farm fields and poured water on the ground.

The citizens of Camelot cheered loudly for their King.

Arthur looked at the skies proudly, his hand on the balcony above the courtyard. Finally, magic was no longer definitely punishable.

*//*

Three weeks earlier...

It was a special day in Camelot once again.

Finally, King Arthur had decided to marry. And his wife to be... Merlyne.

All nobles and castle servants had gathered in the throne room to witness the marriage and coronation.

Gwaine and Leon stood the closest to the steps, the other Knights and close friends also on the first row on Arthur's right.

Then, the doors opened up to reveal the future queen dressed in a rich blue and silver gown* and the black key necklace Gaius gave her hang on her neck. She walked down the aisle between the knights and courtiers of Camelot. Her walk was elegant.

The witch knelt on the dais before her King, who smiled down at her.

Some man brought him the crown on a pillow. He took it.

"By the sacred laws vested in me, I crown you... Merlyne... Queen of Camelot." and the crown was placed upon her head.

The royal warlock held out his hands for her to take, and helped her upon the dais.

The newlywed couple kissed wholeheartedly and they both smiled as they part.

Arthur held her hand and turned them to face their subjects. "Long live the queen!"

"Long live the queen! Long live the queen! Long live the queen! Long live the queen! Long live the queen!"

*//*

Present...

They were on a relaxing ride through the forest on their respective horses when they suddenly heard a scream.

"What was that?" the King asked, his head turned towards the sound.

"That? That was definitely a woman screaming. Why couldn't it have just been a bird? It's never just a bird." his wife said before getting closer to the sound.

"What are you doing?" Arthur asked.

Merlyne looked at him with a certain glance. "I assume you want to risk our lives and see what's going on."

The royal warlock smiled. "I never thought I'd say this, Merlin, but you're learning."

And they got up to the centre of the town.

"Let the woman go."

The townchief turned around. "This woman has been sentenced to death. It does not concern you."