Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Sarah groggily woke up. The dream was still fresh on her mind. Was it real? Did he really know she was almost always thinking about him? She sat up and shook her head. Sarah threw off the covers and got out of the bed. She walked to the bathroom. After washing her face and brushing her teeth, she went down stairs to the kitchen.

After eating her breakfast, Sarah went back up stairs to change for the day. She looked through her clothes trying to decide on what to wear as she thought about what she wanted to do for the day. Would she go shopping again or to the park? She didn't feel like having everyone watch her all day. So the park it would be, but what to wear. She didn't have much, but she would make a decision.

About thirty minutes later, Sarah walked out of the house dressed in a pale green flowing dress and carrying her large shoulder bag. She had pulled her dark hair back into a loose ponytail. Sarah decided to walk instead of using her car. She reached the park in less than thirty minutes. She walked to her favorite place and made her picnic next to the tall obelisk. She sat reading her new myth book as the world went by her.

This way her favorite thing to do, sit in the shade and read. Oh, she looked up and watched things around her, but to her this was bliss.

Hours went by as she sat under the tree reading. As the clock struck noon, she packed up and head towards the small café across the street to grab a quick bite to eat. After her lunch, she walked back to the park. She didn't return to her favorite spot, but instead walked around the park looking at its beauty.

She needed time to think over what she had dreamed the night before. It had been so real, but it was a dream. Part of her wanted it to be real and have finished what he had started.

If he knew about her dreams, she had much to worry about. He could use them against her. Sarah sighed. Just what she needed. If he did use them how would he? Well last night was one way, but there had to be more than that.

Sarah walked along the path until she came upon the hedge maze in a corner of the park. She glanced at it. Oh, she never went inside it. It reminded her too much of the one in the Labyrinth. So Sarah walked past.

Now she walking in the part of the park few used anymore. Well it got used at night by the local teenagers. It was hidden by walls of ivy. It had once been the jewel of the park, The Secret Garden. Now no one could remember what it had once looked like.

There was a part of it no one could get inside. Oh, boys had tried to get over the wall, but they never could. But Sarah knew how. So as she neared the entrance, she stopped and moved some hanging ivy. Quickly she hid behind the curtain and walked into the hidden garden.

This was her space. No one else it seemed had found the door. The garden was now in shade, but as the leaves moved in the breeze the sunlight softly fell down. Sarah sat under a tree. She loved sitting here and only hearing nature around her.

Sarah leaned against the tree and relaxed. Soon she would have to go back to her tiny apartment. Her family would be coming back from their vacation.

Suddenly a ray of sunlight fell on a peach tree. It had not been there before. More to no way it could grow. The only time the hidden garden got any real sun was in winter.

She stood up, still carrying her bag, and walked towards the tree. Sarah thought she heard an owl hoot. She stopped about a yard from the tree. Something didn't feel right. Then a white golden barn owl landed in the tree. Sarah looked at the bird and slowly moved away from it and the tree. She knew that bird. It meant he was up to something and she really didn't want to find out what it was.

Sarah moved towards the doorway. She had to get away from him. After last night, she had to stay far far away.

She had almost reached the doorway, when two words stopped her in her tracks.

"Hello, Sarah."

XOXOX

He could almost purr with delight. Sarah was only a few feet from him. Jareth watched as she slowly turned to face him. Just as she had when she was fifthteen, she was hiding her fear, but she was also trying to hide something else. Something he very much wanted to explore.

"Are you going to say anything? Or are you going to just stand there?"

She opened her mouth, but quickly closed it.

"What no come backs? I'm disappointed, Sarah."

Her eyes filled with emotions. "Why are you here?"

He smirked as he moved closer towards her. "It's simple, Sarah. I'm here because of last night."

She stood trying to look as if she had no idea what he was talking about. "I don't know what you're talking about."

He stopped about a yard away from her. "Oh, do stop lying, Sarah. You know exactly what I'm talking about." Slowly he walked towards her again. "You've been thinking about it all day."

She moved back until her back met the wall. "I had a dream that's all."

Oh, this was going to be fun. "You know as well as I, that it was more than a dream." He stopped once he was close enough to place his palms on either side of her head. "It was something we both wanted."

He watched as her eyes grew darker with anger and, he hoped, passion. "You have no right coming into my dreams."

"Oh, Sarah, but I do." He tilted his head. "I have the right to do much more that just that."

She raised her chin, trying to so hard to not notice just how close he was, so he thought.

"I don't care what you think. Stay away from me."

Jareth smirked and looked away. "Now, Sarah, that's a lie. If you had wanted me to stay away, you would not have dreamt of me every night."

Sarah opened her mouth, but before she could speak. Jareth lifted a hand from the wall.

"I've waited long enough. It's time I claim what is mine."

"Toby's not yours."

Jareth looked back at her. "Of course he isn't. I mean you, Sarah. And now it's time we return home."

With a flick of his wrist, the crystal floated into the air. If anyone had seen them, they would have blink and walked on. For who would ever believed that had seen two people disappear into thin air.