Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Sarah wanted to scream. Not only had he kidnapped her, but now she was being held prisoner. Well she wasn't in what most would call a prison, but no matter how nice the suite of rooms were, she was still in a prison.

There had to be away out or so she thought. She had tried the windows, only to find that out they were French doors that lead out to a balcony that was too far from the ground for an escape. Oh, she had tried the outer most doors, the ones she thought led to a hallway, but they only rattled.

Sarah paced back and forth. When they had appeared in this room, she had almost attacked him. He only watched as she fell backwards, landing on the nice soft bed. Then he was gone without a word. Sarah had climbed out of the bed, leaving her shoulder bag on it, and that was when she had tried to escape.

What was he going on about? How could she be his to claim? Why would he say such a thing? Everything rushed through her head. She had a feeling she knew the answer, but she couldn't pin point it.

Sarah stopped pacing as she thought she heard a sound. She walked towards what she thought was the doors that lead into the castle. As she neared them, Sarah could definitely hear something on the other side.

She tried the knob again. The doors only rattled. She pressed her ear against the wood door. Vaguely she could make out a conversation between two people. The door muffled the voices.

"Hello."

The voices stopped. Sarah moved her head away from the door. Did they hear her or had something or someone caused them to become silent? She listened, but only heard the sound of feet hitting the floor getting quieter and quieter.

XOXOX

Jareth watched as Sarah sighed and moved back to the bedchamber inside the crystal in his hand. She didn't know that the doors she had tired only lead to his study and not to the hallway, those where another set of doors. The voices she had heard where Higgle and Sir Didymus asking him why he had brought Sarah back and asking for her release. Of course he hadn't told them anything. He was their king. He had every right not to tell them a thing. He also knew they hadn't heard Sarah when she had said "hello." She hadn't heard his voice, but he knew that the voices of her friends had bee muffled by the door.

Oh, things had not gone as well as he had hoped. Sarah was much more angry than he thought she would be. If he could have turned it into lust, he wouldn't be bared from his own bedchamber and forced to remain in his study. Of course if his plan had worked, she would be under his control completely.

He chuckled to himself. How long would it be till she realized what room she was in? How long till she understood how he had power over her? Jareth sighed. If only the plan had worked. Now he would have to use the next thirteen days to get Sarah to stay with him or lose her forever.