Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Jareth sat on his throne. Well actually he lounged across it. Around him his subjects were quiet. It was clear to them all that something was bothering their king. So it would be smart for them to stay out of his way. Jareth glanced at the entrance of his the throne room and watched as his grandfather came up the stairs.

"Jareth, it has been two days. When are you going to tell her?"

"I've already told her about her mother."

"Not that."

Jareth gestured around him. "Now is not a good time to talk about this."

Eros looked around him. "Everyone out!"

The goblins looked between Eros and their king.

"You heard him. OUT!"

The goblins quickly fled out of the room.

Jareth gestured around him again. "Well it seems we can talk now."

Eros came up to the throne. "Why haven't you told her?"

"I told her about her mother, well mostly. I did leave out who her mother really is."

'Not that, and you really need to. I can understand giving her some time to get over the shock." Eros glanced towards a window in the room. "When are you going to tell her you love her?"

Jareth formed a crystal in his hand and looked into it. "It's not true, so stop telling me to tell her."

Eros sighed. "Jareth, it would be easier if you would admit it."

"There is nothing to admit to."

"Oh, really." Eros looked at his grandson. "Then just what are you looking at?"

Jareth quickly made the crystal disappeared. "Nothing."

Eros crossed his arms over his chest. "Really? Jareth, you're not fooling me. Now what were you looking at?"

Jareth sighed. "What do you think?"

Eros shook his head. "Jareth, stop watching her. Some day she'll discover that you can watch her with the crystals."

"I don't plan on telling her."

"That doesn't mean that someone else won't. Now you really need to admit you are in love with the girl, Jareth."

Jareth glared at Eros. "There is nothing to admit. Will you drop it?"

Eros grinned. "How old are you, Jareth?"

"You know how old I am."

"Then stop acting like a teenager. You are in love with the girl."

"I am not."

Eros sighed. "Jareth, answer this simple question." He moved towards the Goblin King. "Has everything you have done been for her, even when you were hurt or wanted revenge against her?"

"You know the answer."

"Jareth, desire goes hand and hand with love with us."

"Not for me, Grandfather."

Jareth swag his legs around, placed his feet on the floor, and stood up. "I have nothing to admit to you, her, or anyone."

"She loves you, Jareth."

Jareth turned to face his grandfather.

"And from the look on your face that was exactly what you needed to hear. She won't stay in love without you returning her feelings. I can already see that she would give her heart to you if you would only say those three little words." Eros walked out of the room, leaving a shocked Jareth by his throne.

XOXOX

Sarah stood on the balcony, looking out over the Labyrinth. Her mother was a demigod. HER MOTHER WAS A DEMIGOD. The thought had been going through her mind for the last two days. Her mother hadn't left her cause she had wanted to. Of course she would have to hear it from her mother's mouth.

Psyche had come and offered her shoulder, but Sarah didn't feel like crying. She had wasted enough tears already. No. She didn't feel like crying.

Sarah rested her hands on top of the wall between her and falling to her death. Why couldn't things be easy for her? You know simple. Since she had arrived it was like everyday she learned something knew. Sighing, Sarah turned, dragging her hands off the wall, and reentered the bed room. She could leave the rooms now as long as Psyche was with her, but she had wanted to stay put. She wanted to think about her mother and HIM.

Psyche had told her he loved her, but she couldn't see it. Where had he shown it? When? Maybe it was in the dream, but she wasn't one hundred percent sure. As far as she had seen, he had not shown her any proof of what his grandmother had told her. Of course now she finally admitted she loved him. Oh, she hadn't said a word to anyone, but she wasn't fooled. She couldn't sit at a table with Psyche and Eros and not have them realize it.

Sarah walked over to the vanity. She glanced at herself in the mirror as she past the mirror and out into the sitting room.

Did he really love her? She needed proof he did. She glanced at the door, wanting to know, but willing to wait. Sarah sighed and walked to the pull cord. She pulled the cord and waited for Agatha to appear. She needed something to do until dinner and Agatha would have an idea for her. At least she hoped something to get her mind off of HIM.