Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Lounging across his throne, Jareth looked out the window in the throne room. The sky had darkened since the last time he had glanced outside. Odd as it was not yet dusk or anywhere near it for that matter. He glanced over at Eros, who had noticed it as well.

"Something is wrong, Jareth."

"What do you mean?"

"This is your kingdom. Don't you feel that something is not right?"

He did, but seeing, as it did not feel as if it was something dangerous or something to worry about.

"Yes, but it doesn't feel like it's anything to worry about."

"Jareth, if it has to do with Sarah it won't feel like it should. It will feel minimum until she is your queen. You need to check on her."

"I should I break the tradition?"

"If she can be in danger, then you can break it. Damn it, Jareth, Sarah could be in danger. Has Achilles messenger showed up today?"

"No." Jareth thought about it for a moment. Then he conjured a crystal and looked into it. "NO!" Jareth quickly got out of his throne and placed his feet on the floor.

Eros stepped back. "What is it?"

"You were right. Achilles has Sarah."

"WHAT?" Eros moved closer. "What about your grandmother?"

"She's fine." Jareth looked up from the crystal to see Eros heading towards the exit. "She's in the south suite!"

His worst fear had come true. Achilles had Sarah. Of course, he had no idea who Jareth's allies where. Most of the ancient Gods had long ago agreed to help him if ever he needed it. The only ally Achilles had among the gods was his mother and there was no Zeus to help her.

With a flick of his wrist Jareth transported himself deep inside the castle, to a room only he knew of. As he appeared in the room, a fire came to life above him. It cast a cold light inside the room. In the center of the room, on top of what could have been Atlas holding the mortal world on his shoulders, sat a bowl filled with a dark liquid, a remnant from Olympus.

Jareth walked over to the bowl and waved his hand over it. "Morpheus."

The liquid changed to pale silver and began to swirl. Slowly a face began to appear.

"Goblin King, why do you call me?"

"Great Morpheus, I have need of your aid."

"What is it, Goblin King?"

"Achilles has stolen my bride."

Morpheus's eyes grew larger. "So you have brought back the girl who defeated the Labyrinth?"

"Yes. We planned to marry in two days."

Morpheus sighed. "You have my support, Goblin King. I shall gather the other Gods. We shall be there soon. Finally you will have what is right fully yours."

Morpheus's face disappeared from the liquid, which once again was still and dark.

Jareth stood looking at the liquid. He had his allied Gods, now he needed to contract his allies in the Court. The very first being a certain demigoddess who had caused a mythical war.

XOXOX

Slowly Sarah woke up. She looked around. Once before she had thought she was in a prison, well now she was in one. Only gray stonewalls met her. Sarah slowly stood up. The last thing she remembered was it going dark and that man, Achilles, Jareth's stepfather and the false High King.

Well it seemed he had kidnapped her. Great she had been kidnapped again, but this time she hadn't a clue as to where she was.

Sarah placed her hand against the wall. There were no windows, only a wooden door. She noticed that there were rings along the walls. Sarah had a very good idea what they were used for.

Suddenly the door opened. In walked a man who looked almost exactly like the man from the South suite. So she assumed that he most be Jareth's half brother.

"Why am I here?"

He looked her up and down. "I don't see what's so special about you. I can't believe that fool would be so willing to marry someone who is more mortal than god."

"I take it your Jareth's brother."

"I don't claim him as my brother and it would do you well not to say his name in my presents or my fathers, Mortal."

"I may be mortal, but I solved the Labyrinth."

"He helped you. That's the only way a mortal could do it."

Sarah didn't move towards him. Something told her that wouldn't be a good idea. "You don't know everything."

"Oh, I know enough. More than you, Mortal." He sneered at her. "You may be Helen's daughter, but you are nothing but a mortal. I don't see why my father fears you or why he's so determined that either you die or marry me." He gave her an evil smirk. "At least you are beautiful so it won't be too bad for me."

"If you think for one moment, I'll marry you, then you are sadly mistaken."

"You really don't have a choice. You are only a mortal; you have no rights here. But when you give me children, they will only because I'm their father."

She knew Jareth was coming. She just needed time. She just wished for more time.

"You have two days to prepare yourself. At the very time you would have married that fool, you will marry me." He turned to leave. "Oh, and mortal, you will call me Lord Melanion until the day you die."

Sarah watched him go. Well she had two days. Jareth had allies, she just knew it. They would be here in time and save her. Cause there was no way she was going to marry him. Jareth would come cause well she knew just how determined he was. After all he waited for her for five years, and got what he wanted. So he would do what was needed and save her. Of course this could all be to get him to come to the Court so Achilles could imprison him or worse.