Chapter 18

Chapter 18

The castle was in an uproar. Goblins were running everywhere, carrying all sorts of things. Dwarves were carrying to and placing flowers in the Royal Chapel. As all the servants and what subjects that could be trusted began to decorate for the wedding, which was to be held in two days in the early morning, Jareth lounged across his throne. There was nothing for him to do. Already his tailor had made his wedding attire. So he only had to wait and of course stay out of the way.

On the other hand, Sarah, with Psyche, was meeting the seamstress. He knew the seamstress could not be happy about having to create a wedding gown on such short notice, but Jareth knew she would be able to pull it off. After all she had created the ball gown for Sarah's dream as she ran the Labyrinth in less time. Gods, hopefully Sarah's taste had changed since then. She needed something different. Something more grown up. Something that would go well with his attire. Something that really showed her body well. Slowly a smirk began to appear on his face.

"Jareth, get your mind off of Sarah."

Jareth shook his head and looked over at Eros, whom had just entered the throne room. "How did you know?"

"The look on your face. Now, stop thinking about getting her out of a gown she doesn't even have yet." Eros walked over to him. "Of course you also realize she has to spend tonight and tomorrow night in another room, so your chambers can be prepared for the wedding night."

"That is not a good enough reason for me to move her."

Eros placed his hands on his hips. "What do you mean?" He glared at Jareth. "No matter what happened last night, you need to do this right. She has to be moved to another chamber. Actually more so."

Jareth sighed. Of course, he was right. Quickly he conjured a crystal and tossed it to the floor. After a few moments, Agatha came into the throne room. She stopped before the throne, a hair from the pit before it as Eros lowered his hands.

Agatha curtsied before him. "You wished to see me, Your Majesty."

Jareth nodded. "Agatha, you are to move Lady Sarah from the East suite to the West suite."

"Actually, Jareth, you need to move her to the South suite. That way your grandmother and I can watch her."

Jareth looked at his grandfather and glared. He then returned his gaze to Agatha. "Move her to the South suite."

"Very well, Your Majesty." Agatha curtsied again. She then left the room.

After she was gone, Jareth turned to his grandfather. "Happy now?"

Eros smiled. "Very much."

XOXOX

Sarah stood on a small pedestal as the seamstress measured her. She looked at her self in the mirror. The seamstress had placed in her a plain white strapless gown with an A lined skirt.

"I don't think this is the right one."

The seamstress glanced up at her. "Oh, don't worry, M'Lady. This is only the bottom layer of the gown. It will look much different when I'm finished."

Psyche moved closer. "We need something simple and elegant, but it also has to compete with what ever my grandson is going to wear, which makes it harder."

The seamstress nodded. "It will be lovely and not over do the king. I know exactly he plans to wear. I saw it once Eneas had finished it. So I can be sure that it will go perfectly with it, but also make it where she is the main focus."

Psyche nodded. "If anyone can do it, it is you, Penelope."

The physically old woman rose from her knees. "Thank you, Your Grace."