Life's Worse

Clary and Simon with some difficulty were bringing all the kids with them. Alec was the only problem, he wanted to go with Magnus. Magnus only declined because he was worried it would be too dangerous for Alec.

Clary and Simon was getting ready to leave, they had worked out the exact time they should leave at to avoid Maryse, according to Magnus at least. Clary took Jace by one of her hands and Alec by the other, Simon was holding Izzy while Magnus opened a portal. With a quick nod to Magnus, Clary walked through the portal with Alec and Jace followed shortly by Simon and Izzy.

Once arrived right outside the Institute, Clary had let go of Alec and Jace's hands. She walked up to the doors and opened them to check if anyone was around before entering with the kids. Clary stuck her head in and softly called "hello", no one seemed to answer meaning it was safe. Clary turned back to Simon and nodded at him telling him to come forward with the kids.

They entered the Institute with Clary taking hold of Alec and Jace's hands again. "Let's check the library for the spellbook Magnus wanted first." Simon just nodded in agreement knowing it would take the longest. Clary opened the doors to the library and let go of Alec and Jace, Simon placed Izzy on a chair. "Hey guys!" Clary turned to the kids. "Simon and I are just going to look for a book, you guys can do whatever you want while we're here. Just behave and you'll be fine." Clary turned back to Simon and took out the piece of paper with the name of the book on it. Book of Spells Vol. 511 by Ragnor Fell. Wow, Clary thought, whoever creates these names deserves an award. Really creative. Clary started searching from left to right, while Simon started right to left. Jace had started walking through the rows of shelves looking around while Alec had grabbed a piece of paper and crayons from a drawer and handed them to Izzy. Clary and Simon continued to look for the next ten minutes with no such luck. This library was organized in the worse way possible! Clary wanted to scream in frustration.

"No it's not." Said a little voice beside her. Clary looked down beside her, Alec was standing there looking a little confused by her statement. Damn, I said that out loud.

"Do you know how it's organized then, Alec?" Alec smiles a bright smile. Something that becomes rarer as he gets older.

"Of course I do! It's organized reversed alphabetically by genre, than within each genre it's ordered alphabetically by author then ordered by year published by that author." Clary stared at Alec in shock. How is anyone suppose to find anything in the library when it's organized in this crazy way?! Almost as if Alec read her mind, he piped up with an explanation. "It's organized like this because there's a lot of important and powerful books here, it makes it more difficult to find books for people we don't trust or those who shouldn't have them." Prevent people like me from getting a book without permission, Clary thought.

"Who decided to organize it this way, Alec?"

"I did. Mother thought it was a good idea." Clary smiled at Alec's response. When did kids become smarter than adults?

"When did you get so smart?" Clary asked kindly, causing Alec to blush. "Shall we do find the book, Alec?" Alec nodded in reply. Alec grabbed Clary's hand and took the paper with the name of the book on it from her, and walked her over the the correct section. Alec took a few moments scanning the bookshelf until he spotted the desired book. He pointed at the book for Clary to reach. Unfortunately or Clary, being her 5' nothing self, she couldn't reach it. Alec giggled at seeing Clary struggle to reach the book. Clary had lifted Alec up in the air to grab the book for them. Alec being the intelligent child he was understood what Clary was trying to do and grabbed the book for her.

When Clary had set Alec back down and taken the book from him sliding it into the bag she brought with her, leave it to Clary to always be thinking ahead. Clary was a little startled when Alec asked "Do you find it annoying that people have to get things for you?" Clary knew she must have looked shocked. The questions this kid asks me, by the Angel.