Training with Jace

Isabelle came down the stairs with her huge bump. She was greeted by her nephews Rafael and Max while Magnus and Alec were in deep conversation. "Rafael! Max!" Her voice was filled with joy. "Aunt Izzy!" They yelled and ran to her. Since she was a Shadowhunter she didn't find it difficult to kneel down and hug them both. "How are my mischievous nephews doing?" Izzy asked as she tickled each of them. They laughed. "Max. Rafael. Go to your playroom and let Aunt Izzy free" Alec said. "Okay Dad" both of then said in unison and ran off upstairs. "Can I get a little help" Izzy held out her hand to her brother who didn't delay in helping her up to her feet. "Why did you even sit down when you can't get up?" Alec asked. Izzy rolled her eyes. "I can still do things which I did before Alec. Perks of being a shadowhunter" Izzy said. Alec was the one who rolled his eyes now. "You know I can argue with you all day. But right now I'm hungry" Izzy said walking away in the direction of the kitchen. She heard her brother chuckle.

Clary was cooking breakfast and Jace was drinking coffee by the counter talking when Izzy entered. "Is there anything to eat?" She asked. Clary turned towards her with smile "Of course. I just made pancakes. Do you want coffee?" She asked. Izzy never got sick of coffee. But they were times when she hated the smell and sometimes she craved the smell. "Not today" she said with a disgusted face. "Remind me not to try to understand my sister at times like this" Jace jokes while Clary serves Izzy her breakfast and places it on the table. Just as Clary is about to turn the kitchen opens and Simon walks in. "Hey Fray, what's for breakfast?" He asked as he made his way to the table and kissed his wife's cheek. "I don't think Clary made enough breakfast 'cuz someone clearly ate them all" Jace said looking Izzy. "Don't listen to him Si. I'll make some more pancakes" Clary said as she walked back to the counter to mix a fresh batch but not before smacking Jace's arm for his comment. "What was that for?" He shrieked. Clary held her ear and chuckled. "No breakfast comment" Clary said obviously. Jace smirked.

"Guys breakfast!" Simon interrupted. "I'm gonna train" Jace said as he hopped down the counter. He kissed Clary and turned to walk away before stopping in his steps. He turned back around. "Meet me in the training room after breakfast Simon" Jace said before walking out of the kitchen.

Simon was left shocked. "I am not training with Jace today. Fray you got to help me" Simon was desperate. "I'm sorry Si. But I can't help you" Clary said as she placed his plate with pancakes on the table. "Clary is right. If Jace wants to train with you, there's no way out" Izzy said as she sipped her water. "Then this will be my last meal" Simon said with a sigh as he took a bite of pancake. "Too dramatic don't you think?" Clary said as she began doing the dishes. "People say I'm dramatic these days, but looks like it switched up today" Izzy said looking at Simon. "Really Izzy, that's all you have to say" Simon said while Izzy shrugged her shoulders. A cry from upstairs made Clary to drop the dishes and walked out the kitchen. "If you are still worried, don't be. I'll come and watch you two train just to make sure Jace doesn't kill you" Izzy said as she placed her hand over Simon's. "You are the best, you know that?" Simon said with a genuine smile as he leaned forward and kissed her. "Well if you die our baby won't have a father" she said and he chuckled. "See you later" he said before walking away and closing the door.

He walked in to see Jace already in gear. Simon took his cool time to get ready as he was nervous with his training with Jace. He remembered the last time Jace trained him. He had to jump off a tree which happened to be huge and tall in fact to him. The only thing making him do this training was the sudden courage in him, well after ascending he did feel a lot different. And that Izzy was gonna be watching him train. He finally got ready and walked to the training area.

"Okay Lovelace first let's see what you can do with the angel blades."

They switched weapons and started. Both circling the other, waiting for that golden opportunity to strike. Jace gave Simon the first move.