Future Thoughts

Simon woke up in the middle of the night to find everyone in the same positions as they were in earlier. Clary was on Jace's lap across from him on the armchair, Magnus and Alec on the couch snuggled together, and Izzy was pressed against Simon's chest. The only difference was that everyone was fast asleep. Simon looked at Izzy sleeping peacefully in his arms. He moved some hair out of her face before carefully lifting Izzy into his arms. Thank god for his strength rune, Simon thought.

Izzy was obviously past exhaustion based on how she barely stirred when he lifted her up. Simon carried Izzy into the spare bedroom and set her carefully onto the bed pulling the covers over top of her. Only when Simon had released her is when Izzy started to wake up. "Simon?" It was barely a whisper but Simon heard it.

Simon whispered back. "I'm here." He got up to leave Isabelle to rest when she grabbed hold of his wrist. "Then why are you leaving, Simon?" Simon crawled in next to Izzy. He stared at her while she fell asleep. Simon wanted to give Izzy her space since last night.After he had regained his lost memories he remembered Izzy.He remembered the way he felt for her before.He knew that he would do anything to protect her.Simon finally realized that he was falling in love with Isabelle, and had also realized that little Izzy would look exactly like her future daughter. Simon felt a pain in his heart just thinking about Isabelle having a child with anyone but himself.

This thought shocked and scared him a little, it was part of the reason why Simon felt he should give Izzy her space. Because if she didn't feel the same then it might destroy him. All this fear Simon had soon disappeared when he looked at Isabelle in his arms whispering his name in her sleep. Simon decided that even if it didn't last, he could hold onto this for just a little while longer.

Clary and Jace had left early the next morning with Simon and Isabelle giving Magnus and Alec their space. Simon and Izzy went for breakfast together while Jace walked Clary back to Luke and Jocelyn's. Clary was exhausted, that must was evident. He couldn't blame her though, three days of dealing with kids must have been tiring. He looked at Clary taking in her beauty, the sun made her red hair glow… Her eyes greener than any emeralds... Everything about Clary was beautiful, and it tore at Jace's heart that she didn't know it. "What are you thinking about?" Clary asked interrupting his thoughts.

"Just about how beautiful you are." Jace smiled at her. Clary just rolled her eyes.

"It's not that I don't appreciate your compliment but I do hope you know how cheesy you sound." Jace has never been the cheesy romantic but things have changed when he met Clary. It's amazing how that one person can do that to you, Jace thought which made him laughed. They arrived at Luke and Jocelyn's, ."I love you" Jace said."I love you too" she replied back with her kiss. Jace gave Clary a quick kiss before watching her run inside and headed back to the Institute.'

Clary had walked into her apartment with an angry looking Jocelyn and a nervous looking Luke. What the he? Clary instantly remembered that her mother thought that her daughter was either pregnant or trying to have a baby. Crap! I forgot to warn Jace!
'Mom' she started to say.'CLARY ADELE FRAY MORGENSTERN...what were you thinking?' Her mom yelled.
Clary once explaining everything to her mom got a frantic call from Jace. "Clary? Why did I get questioned by Maryse about if we were planning to have a child?" Clary laughed at how shocked Jace sounded. Well… this was going to be interesting to explain.

"Magnus?" Alec says getting his boyfriend's attention. "I don't understand why you had to buy all these baby clothes, it's not like they can be of any use to us now. And knowing you, you probably bought all designer clothes too." Alec had said while folding all the kid clothes and putting them in a box.

Magnus held in a laugh. It pleased him how well Alec knew him. Of course he had bought them designer clothes, no child Magnus was taking care of would be seen wearing retail. "Well…" Magnus began. "Maybe not completely useless…" Magnus looked at Alec who had stopped folding and looked a little shocked at what Magnus had hinted at.

"Wha―What do you mean?" Alec asked a little shaky. Magnus looked away from Alec nervous and a little worried that he had scared him.

"It's nothing, just forget I said anything." Magnus wasn't really sure how to have this conversation with Alec. He was concerned that he might have just ruined something, ruined them but mentioning the possibility of a baby. Alec had now come to stand beside Magnus and placed his hand on his.

"Magnus― What were you going to say?" Alec gave Magnus a small smile of encouragement to get him to continue. This small smile gave Magnus the smallest bit of hope. "I was rather thinking that perhaps you would consider that possibility of one day having a baby?"

The largest smile Magnus had ever seen spread out across Alec's face. Alec couldn't imagine not starting a family with Magnus. There wasn't anyone in the world he loved more and rather have a life with. Alec thought he might as well not insist if he didn't have Magnus. He replied to Magnus's suggestion by planting a kiss onto Magnus lips before saying the single greatest word in the English language; "Yes". Magnus's face lit up. "And it's obvious enough that you'll be a great father." Magnus hugged Alec and smiled at the thought of them starting a family together. There's no one else in the world who Magnus loved more.