#11

Grillby looks at me, his eyes don't want to tell me anything. "Hey," I put a hand on his arm. "Are you expecting me to judge?" I smirk at him. He smiles and sits up.
"Four seasons, four elements."
"Yeah?" I sit up, sleep can wait I'm curious.
"Each season comes with an elemental heat cycle," my face flushes red, but he isn't looking.
"So Spring is fire's then?" I ask, trying to wrap my head around it. He nods, looking in the opposite direction. "And you think hearing this I'm going to be what? Disgusted? A smartass?" I ask with a raised eyebrow, my blush finally fading. He looks over at me. "Come on Grillby, you can't honestly expect me to judge you over something you can't control," I punch his arm playfully.
"Well," he scratches the back of his head. "Do you even know what happens during a heat cycle?"
"You get super fucking horny?" I shrug, this time he blushed. He looked away and nodded. "I always know more than people think, besides There are millions of creatures with heat cycles and mating seasons."
"You seem so calm about this situation," he looks at me.
"It's just nature, nothing to a ashamed of, nothing worth arguing over because in reality you probably don't have a choice in the matter," I say. He looks at me curiously.
"Never stop surprising do you?"
"Nope, comes with being crazy," I cross my eyes making him laugh. His expression hardens.
"I should probably just close the shop for the week, I can call Toriel and have her watch Blaze," he says resting his head on this hands.
"The first week is the hardest, after that everything gets easier day by day," he says, probably more to himself than me.
"So like, is it hormones or magic?" I ask.
"Both."
"Ouch," I say, he chuckles and nods. Well he'd know, probably been through this a few times. My phone rings, I check the caller, mark.
"Washington morgue, you stab em well slab em, how may I direct your call?" I say picking it up. Mark laughs. "I got someone with me and I'm putting you on speaker phone," I say hitting the button and tossing in the middle of the bed.
"Guess what?"
"What?"
"Sam is coming."
"Sam? Who-" realization hits me like a truck. "Wait, Sam Sam? From Britain? Accent and always drinking tea gayer than a fresh pastry Sam?" I ask, Grillby staring right at me.
"Yep, he's flying down for the reunion, he wants to do the number with you at the gig," I raise my brows at my phone.
"Nope."
"Oh come on! It's our last gig!"
"How do we even know if I even still fit in that costume?"
"It's just a dress, we will get it tailored if your so worried. Are you dancing with the French pastry or not?" He asks, I furrow my brows.
"Fine."
"Awesome! See you there!"
The line clicks and the call ends. I groan and flop backwards.
"Who was that?"
"Mark, the mc we worked with, it was really only him and Sam, Mark lives with Cindy now," I say stretching.
"And who, may I ask, is Sam?"
"This dude from Britain, strong accent always drinking tea, and very-" I look at him. "I mean very gay."
He goes to say something but starts laughing. He try's to calm himself but can't stop laughing. I feel myself start laugh and we just sit there laughing for a few minutes. We both finally manage to catch our breaths. I feel like I'm a teenager again right now. I look at him, he looks at me. Suddenly I don't feel very tired, I actually feel energized for once. I slide off the large bed and grab my phone.
"Where are you going?"
"Downstairs to see if I can jog my memory on some of my routines," I shrug leaving. I get to the mini stage and plug my phone into a little speaker. The routine music is still in its playlist. I play through the first few songs of act one, singing along if I'm not actually dancing. I went through the playlist twice before I heard the squeaking of the staircase. I turn off my music and turn to see Grillby approaching, in dress pants and no shirt, I turn away to keep from blushing.