#20

"names omega, It was our mission," she says without hesitation. "Me and delta woke up a few weeks ago, no memories at all of anything. We were told that we volunteered for this test and memory loss was normal, it was all a lie."
"Who is this Delta?" I ask.
"My partner, she and I both wanted to figure out what was going on, she took charge when we were thrown in the dungeon with your queen," worry flashed in her eyes. "She's ok right?"
"Toriel is doing just fine, thanks to you," I tell her. "What about these, tests?"
"We were spliced with synthetic monster DNA in hopes of creating a super human, results were... volatile," she shivered.
"How?"
"It was different for everybody, me and Delta along with only a handful of others were able to bond with it on a cellular level, personally I'm only merged 33%, no idea of anyone else."
"Thank you for the information, I will leave you to rest," I bow my head and leave. I head to the lab and inform alphys of my findings, she thanks me and I head home. I get back to the tent to see papyrus and sans talking outside it.
"Alright, let's get home bro," sans says standing up. I thank them and head inside for some much needed rest.

Delta/Tesla's pov
One week later.

I've gone nocturnal, it's safer to move at night than it is in the day. I munch on an apple and snuggle into my sweater, it has gotten colder a lot the past few days. The leaves are changing to beautiful colours of red yellow and orange. It's sad and beautiful to think that something dying could look so beautiful. A human base has been set up in the mall so I can't go there anymore, but I did manage to snag more food, water, and booze before I had to leave. I finish my apple, it's the last one. I sigh and grab my bag, I've upgraded to a large backpack that clips in the front, it's easier to carry around. I look from the top of the large building I've positioned myself on. No one is around, I grab a cigarette and light it. The nicotine buzz quickly kicks in with my first puff. I sigh and continue to look down at the dark and quiet streets, omega is ok, she has to be. I've been up here for two nights now, maybe I should move on, maybe if I'm closer to the ground I'll be able to see any clues she's left me during the day. I take a deep breath and slide down the fire escape to the alleyway. I walk through the ghost city, what if she's not even here? What if she's with the queen at some monster base in the middle of the forest? Ugh. I groan and massage my throbbing temples. I pull my journal and hide behind one of the ruined buildings. Everything if seen in my flashbacks I write, well l, almost everything. Two fire monsters, dad and a daughter. The dad was the love of my life. There is a robot, male black and pink, very gay.
I read through my journal for a few minutes and put it away.
"Who am I?" I ask the cold dark alleyway. "Who was I?"
(...)
No response, not like I expected the cold brick wall to answer me. I sigh and trudge on, I pass by the school, old and obviously raided I decide I'll check it out. I step inside and walk around, maybe I can set up a forte here if it's really empty. The halls are littered with broken locks, sawed off from the lockers. I hear the doors open behind me, I book it and hide in the classroom next to me. I stand on a desks and move the ceiling and floor panels and climb up to the second floor. I manage to pull myself up and roll away from the hole before being seen by whoever just entered the class below me. I stay quiet and don't move.
"Delta?" That's omegas voice.
"Omega?" I duck my head back down to the class below. I'm upside down but I can see her. And the strikingly familiar fire monster standing next to her.