#14

Tesla's pov.(sort of)

The weight on my eyelids lifts, Im strapped to a table. I can't remember anything, what's going on?
"Easy soldier," a woman puts her hand on my shoulder.
"You've just been through a long procedure, you need to rest."
I nod and she removes my restraints.
"Who am I?" I ask.
"You are number 207, your name is Delta, memory loss is normal," I nod, and slowly sit up, my head is killing me but I don't really care, pain feels irrelevant at this point. I'm shown to my room and left to change out of my surgical scrubs. I throw on black Jeans and a black spandex shirt. I slip on my shoes and move to my little bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror, I have purple eyes and pitch black hair cut into a straight bob. I see a pack of cigarettes, guess I'm a smoker. I move to my bed and pull out a small leather journal, I flip through the pages. I'm a soldier, born into the business. I started smoking to help with the stress of... killing. I've killed? The thought makes me shiver, I move back to the bathroom and grab the pack. I grab the silver lighter and head down the corridor, I follow the paths and head outside. I light the end of a cigarette and take a puff, it burns my throats and lungs but the nicotine buzz kicks in. I look at the flame at the end of my lighter curiously, like I've known the warmth my whole life. I put my lighter away and finish my cigarette. i step inside and grab a map of the floor layout, I head to the lunch room. I see a girl with red hair and brown eyes in the corner, she looks familiar. I sit across from her but don't say anything. I think back about the flame on the end of my lighter. I pull it out and flick it, the small flame sparks to life. There's something about the fire, I get so lost in it. In a flash I'm in a new place, a restaurant. A man stands in front of me, a fire monster. He patches up a wound on my neck, I kiss him. His lips kiss back, until...
"Hey!" My head shoots up and I drop the lighter, extinguishing the small flame.
"What?" I ask, I'm back at the table.
"What's your name?"
"Delta, yours?" I say my name but it's off, like it's not quite right.
"Omega, were in the same set," she says.
"Set?" I ask.
"Oh you've just woken up, we're at war, the monsters turned on us," what?
"Why did they turn?" I ask.
"Don't know, the king just up and started making threats, then the war unfolded," she shrugs.
"I thought the monsters only wanted peace?"
"That's what everyone else thought too," she says. "Hey um, do you remember anything after waking up?"
"No, but they said that's normal."
"Something's not right, come on," she gets up and walks away. I follow with a curiosity of not only what she's thinking about, but of what the hell that fucking vision was.
We head through a doorway that leads to a room with a library and a computer.
"I've only been awake for a week now, I want to know what happened to us," what does she mean?
"We, we aren't hurt?" I check my arms and legs but I am 100% fine.
"Then why did we wake up on a surgical table?" she eyes me.
"They did something to us," the gears in my head click together.
We grab the medical case files, these are probably checked daily, we can't get caught.
"Come on, let's get back before the cameras know we're missing," she takes my hand. I scan the room and there aren't any cameras, this room is a camera safe zone. We exit the room and move back to the lunch room, I grab an apple and take a bite.
"How long has the war been going on?" I ask as we take a seat in the corner.
"Well, from what I've heard," she scans the nearly empty room to make sure no one is listening.
"Two years."