Kid Flash x Reader: Excuses

Credit goes to dA user paper-hero, here is the link to this picture: http://fav.me/d3lh4r0

This idea has been on my mind for a while, I hope you'll enjoy~

2nd person POV

You'd think that any girl spread across the couch, playing with her cute boyfriend's fingers, with her head resting on his lap, would be happy. Oh, and don't forget the fact that he's lovingly stroking her hair too.

But goodness, you were far from happy.

"Wally, I really really really can't go! Grandma's just... I can't even put it into words," you whined, throwing your hands up in the air to emphasize your point.

The freckled redhead sighed, attempting to calm you down by leaning downwards and planting a quick kiss on your forehead.

"I know you don't wanna go (Y/N) but... We can't do anything about it. Plus, come on, it can't be that bad, she'll be happy to see you!" He tried to reason, earning a faint growl of disapproval from you.

Going to visit your Grandma's on New Years' Day was a yearly tradition for your family, but... Well, each time, it ended up as a disaster. Y'know, gossiping about other family members around the dining table, followed by family fights... The usual.

You'd much rather stay at Wally's for the weekend rather than go endure your foolish family. Pfft, Wally's family liked you better too. All the more reason to move in with him, but of course, your parents refused to let you do so.

"You just don't want to take me in for the weekend," you grumbled, childishly getting away from your boyfriend by sitting up straight and sliding over to the opposite end of the couch. Wally watched you do so, eyes wide in shock.

"N-No! That's not true, (Y/N)! It's just that-"

"I know it's not true," you cut him off abruptly, before sighing deeply, calming yourself. You felt guilty for being so babyish and selfish. He wasn't trying to get rid of you, not at all, you knew that! ...You were taking yourself out on him without even noticing.

You gave him an apologetic look. "...I'm sorry. It's just... I really don't wanna go... Just thinking about it's a total downer..."

Without a moment's hesitation, he slithered over and trapped you into a warm, comforting hug, earning a happy mewl from you as you gladly returned the gesture. God did you love him. No matter whatever you did, he'd always forgive you, being his understanding self... He loved you so much. You didn't deserve him at all. But he wasn't leaving you anytime soon so meh, might as well keep him happy, huh?

You two simply remained in that position for a while, enjoying each others' warmth and company and in your case, his lovely scent as well. Which had a tint of mint chocolate in it, from the treats you had given him for Christmas. He'd probably eaten them this morning... You couldn't help but giggle.

Wally heard you do so, and murmured curiously, brushing his nose over your neck as he did so, "What are you giggling about babe?"

"Nothing," you teased innocently. He groaned in slight annoyance, earning another giggle from you as you hugged him more tightly.

"...I don't believe you. But hey, look, maybe, if we find an excuse for you not to go..." You could practically hear him wink. "You can stay at my place."

He finally sat up, although he kept you in his arms. You both adjusted so you were now seated between his legs, your back against his fairly-toned chest, and his face nuzzled into the crook of his neck.

"Yeah, but what excuse? I don't really have any," you pointed out sadly, leaning back into his comforting embrace.

A moment or two passed as you both gave it some thought.

Suddenly, Wally pushed you off gently, forcing you to stand. You glanced back at him, confused, only to be greeted by his typical wide grin. He got to his feet as well, and didn't really give you any time to stretch as he grabbed your hand and started hastily making his way toward the front door. You struggled to keep up with the speedster.

He handed you your coat once you had reached the closet and slipped on his own, then stepping into his boots. ...You were pretty sure he was checking out your butt when you were leaning over, pulling yours on, which made you blush slightly. You didn't say anything though, it wasn't like you were complaining.

Only once he had prompted you both outside, locking his apartment door, did you have the chance, having caught your breath, to ask, "Okay, what's up, Wally? Where are we going?"

He turned toward you, goofy grin still across his beaming face. "The gaming corner."

"The gaming corner? Why the gaming- eek!" You cut yourself off with a squeak as he suddenly picked you up bridal style and started making a run for it toward town. You could tell he was holding back though, trying not to go too quickly so no one would suspect him of his hidden alias.

"You'll see~," he chirped, pecking your lips with a wink before focusing ahead. You huffed quietly, crossing your arms and pouting.

Just what could he be up to?

DDR, that's what he was up to.

Yes, DDR. As in Dance Dance Revolution, that music video game that basically everyone despises since it's the definition of public embarrassment.

Basically put, Wally and you -much to your disconcertment- spent the whole afternoon smashing your feet against the stage in sync to lame music, but... It was totally worth it, since Wally seemed to actually have fun, beating the hardest level without even trying, and sometimes mocking you playfully since you were playing at the lowest level.

Plus, it acted as an excuse.

Yes, your boyfriend could be pretty darn smart. After a day of darting across the dance platform, you were sore to the bone, and fortunately, your parents decided to drop the idea of bringing you to your Grandma's after seeing your sweaty, aching form, which Wally had carried all the way back to them, just to make it look worse than it actually was.

And now, you were both cuddling at his place -your home for the next few days-, watching a lame Christmas romance movie, despite the fact that the holiday had already passed. You were lying down next to him on the couch, your legs intertwined, and his arms hugging you against his bare chest.

Struggling not to fall asleep was a challenge, given the facts that you were hurting all over, warm and cozy in your boyfriend's embrace, and just simply out of energy. Therefore, you didn't really notice the credits roll down the screen once the movie ended.

Movement woke you up slightly, however. You felt Wally snuggle closer and rest his chin on your shoulder.

"Hey, (Y/N)..." He purred sweetly, earning a drowsy hum of response from you as you arched slightly into his touch.

"Y'know what else could make you sore~?"

It took your sleepy mind a few moments to figure out what he was actually saying. Once you did, you let out a giggle, turning to face him and to wrap your arms around his neck. He was smirking down at you, his green eyes twinkling mischievously.

Deciding to tease him, you leaned forward, readying yourself to kiss him. He did as well, humming in appreciation and closing his eyes.

Only, at the last second, you diverted your course, kissing his nose instead. He 'huh'ed loudly in confusion, opening his eyes to stare at you expectantly.

You giggled again, smirking, as he had been earlier.

"No way, pretty boy. Not tonight."