Parent! Red Arrow! x Parent! Reader! : Gone (Part 1)

This has been inspired by Disney movies *cough* Lion King 2 *cough* and life in general... I bet Roy'd be an awesome Dad, so I decided to write this, although LOOK FORWARD TO FAMILY FIGHTS, and mere SpitFire too (in this 'universe', Wally's not dead, WOOHOO)

FUN FACT: DALLAS IS NAMED AFTER S.E. HINTON'S DALLAS WINSTON FROM HER BOOK 'THE OUTSIDERS'

Notes: -Y/D/N = Your daughter's name

-E/C = Eye colour, H/C = Hair colour, H/L = Hair length

-You were previously a superhero going by the name of Tiga, and your power is to transform into any feline whose DNA you have absorbed.

2nd person POV

     The atmosphere was tense in the living room as the small family silently watched the news report airing on the television. At the bottom of the screen, written in large, bold letters, was the headline; "Speedster and Tiger Race Across Town".

A few witnesses shared their opinions and what they had seen which, in a nutshell, was really just a blur rush past, followed by an undersized tiger. Near the end of the report, those responsible for the frenzy were revealed; two children, one of whom was a blond boy, timidly staring down at his feet, and the other, a girl, who was waving frantically at the screen, grinning brightly.

That girl happened to be seated between her parents at the moment, playing with her fingers nervously.

Her auburn-haired father let out a heavy sigh once the program ended, making the child flinch. Her mother had been watching both all this time, waiting for a reaction from either one, and not earning any from her husband, of course. Even now, after years of being his wife, she had a difficult time reading his stony expressions when he pulled them on.

"(Y/D/N)." Roy's tone was harsh. His daughter didn't reply. Frowning slightly, you wrapped an arm around her, but didn't interfere. You knew better than to do so. If Roy wanted to say something, he would say it, no matter how much you contradicted or reasoned him.

"(Y/D/N)," Roy repeated, his voice just as cold as before. Finally, (Y/D/N) seemed to summon the courage to look up at her father, struggling to keep a straight face. However, you could already see the tears that threatened to fall from her (E/C) eyes through the curtain of (H/L) (H/C) bangs that had fallen over her youthful face. She was so sensitive, just like you were back at her age.

"(Y/D/N), Dallas and you could've been severely hurt today. Are you aware of that?"

"Y-Yes Daddy." The girl's weak voice cracked suddenly, followed by a quiet sob. Roy's ice-blue eyes widened, seeming to finally realize that his beloved (Y/D/N) was crying, and then softened as he reached out and pulled her into a tight, comforting hug. You let him do so, freeing her from your own grip, and watched, smiling faintly, as he whispered small 'it's all right, it's okay, Daddy's here's to her, letting her weep loudly into his shoulder. You always knew he'd make a great father. Sure, he was pretty strict with rules, discipline and respect, but he had a playful side too, and especially a caring, loving side that no one but his family knew about.

"...Daddy, do you hate me?"

That question took both of you by surprise. While you just stared, struggling to take in what you had just heard, Roy pulled back abruptly, earning a whimper of fear from his daughter.

"I-I-I- What-" The man cut himself off, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath in order to calm himself, before he opened them again. You recognized his loving, sympathetic look as he questioned gently, "What makes you think I hate you, (Y/D/N)? Of course I don't. I love you more than anything."