Kid Flash x Short! Reader! : Judo-Flipping

Notes: -Y/S/N = Your Superhero Name

2nd person POV

"Recognized, (Y/S/N), B27."

With a huff, you nervously ran your hand through your thoroughly-combed hair as you entered Mount Justice. This morning, Nightwing had surprised you by advising you of an unexpected mission briefing at 2pm. Yeah, talk about perfect timing. A mission on your birthday.

Also, since the call had been so sudden, you had had to spend most of the morning and early afternoon telling every single person that had been supposed to attend your birthday party that it was canceled. So, comparatively to usual, you didn't have much time to prepare yourself and to make yourself look good before getting here. Therefore, you were a bit worried about your appearance.

As soon as you stepped into the main room, though, your thoughts strayed away from that subject. Something was off.

No one was there, no one at all. If there was really a briefing, the Team should've been assembled and waiting for you to join them... But nope. Only a cold, unsettling silence greeted you.

You quickly scanned the room for any sign of them, which allowed you to notice a pole that directed you toward the hallway that led to the kitchen. Upon it were inscribed the words; 'This way!'

Suspicious, you simply stood, observing the pole for a few moments. Was this a trap...? If it was, you better not step into it. If fighting to defend yourself would be involved, you'd be a sitting duck. Not only were you short, you were also the tech guru of the team, therefore, you rarely, if ever practised sparring with other members of the Team. So your experience was limited.

However, you dismissed the thought. This was probably just a prank.

Feeling irritated, you were about to head back home when...

Food crumbs. You could see them on the ground, leaving a trace that led you to exactly where the pole was pointing. Which meant...

Wally! Had he fallen into the trap!?

Fearing your friend's safety, you determinately started following the trail, all fears and doubts long forgotten. You didn't care if you got yourself in trouble, no way that you'd just leave when your teammate could've been kidnapped, or beaten, or... Or anything!

The heavy silence that tailed you simply prompted you to hurry, it weighed down on your shoulders and your chest, making you feel like you'd suffocate. God, please let him be safe, let everyone be safe, you thought to yourself desperately.

When you reached the kitchen, you couldn't see anything inside it, for the lights weren't turned on. So, you hesitated at the doorframe, debating whether or not you should penetrate the dark room. Although, you didn't have to fret over that for much longer.

A blinding light suddenly lit up the room, revealing the entire Team, accessorized with birthday hats and with wide grins -apart from Roy-.

"Surprise!!"

As a voice exclaimed this, hands suddenly gripped your shoulders from behind you, making you panic instantly.

"Eeek!!"

Spinning in place, you swiftly grabbed your kidnapper's arm and, your adrenaline and instincts guiding your every move, judo-flipped them. A loud bang resonated through the place, followed by a low groan of pain.

It took a couple of moments for your brain to settle, and once it did, you quickly brought your hands to your mouth, gasping. The one you had thrown against the floor was Wally.

"Oh my goodness Wally, I'm so, so sorry! I didn't mean to-"

"I-It's fine beautiful," the redhead assured you weakly, giving you a pained grin. "Just... Hurts... So good..."

You helped him up, earning a silent thanks from him, before turning back toward the others. You had been about to ask them what they were all doing here, but kept quiet when you noticed the shocked look they were all giving you.

Feeling a little nervous about the undivided attention you were receiving, you pouted slightly, crossing your arms. "W-What?"

The Team remained mute for a few moments, still seemingly unable to speak. Finally, Connor cleared his throat. "...What just happened?"

"Yeah! What in the world was that?" Robin added, his eyes still wide in both disbelief and awe.

"Crash , that's what it was!" Bart gasped, breaking out into a wide grin.

Frowning slightly, you asked them, unable to keep your bitterness from your voice, "What ? Never saw a girl beat a guy before?"

"We've seen some girls beat guys, all right," Nightwing spoke up, "but... Uh... We never saw you do so."

"Are you even aware of what you just did (Y/N)?" Roy questioned suddenly, his tone as cold and stony as usual.

"Yeah, I am. I judo-flipped Wally," you plainly pointed out. The others just stared some more. Sighing heavily, you facepalmed. Gosh, you loved these guys, but sometimes they could be unbelievably dumb.

"Umm... Happy birthday?" M'Gann uncertainly whispered.

"Yeah, happy birthday (Y/N)!!" Wally cheered loudly from behind you.

Giggling lightly, you turned back toward him. "Thanks Wally."

"Yeah, yeah, no problem," he shrugged it off before suddenly, an expression you knew all too well crossed his face. An eyebrow raised, he suggested nonchalantly, "Now, what about a kiss, since it's your special day?"

You snorted slightly, waving your hand jokingly in front of his face as you teased, "Ummm, hello Wally? Earth to Wally? It's my special day, not yours, you said it yourself. Out of us both, I should be the one receiving a kiss, not you."

"With pleasure babe," the speedster purred, leaning in toward you. With a laugh, you playfully pushed him away, earning a disappointed whine from him.

"Aww, come on (Y/N)!"

"Love you too Wally, but not today!"