Parent! Red Arrow! x Parent! Reader! : Gone (Part 2)

Here's part two -MORE FAMILY ANGST HOORAY-, enjoy :3

Notes: - Y/D/N = Your daughter's name

2nd person POV

"(Y/D/N), Dallas, dinner's ready!" You called out as you added the last touches to the food you've just finished. You grinned brightly, standing back to admire your work. It had taken you all afternoon, but you surely had prepared enough food for everyone, especially Dallas, your daughter's best friend and Artemis' and Wally's 16-year old son. The boy, not too surprisingly, had inherited his father's love for food and high metabolism, so cooking when he was coming over was always a little more of a challenge.

"Don't be late or I'll eat your meal clean!" Roy chirped from his spot at the table, setting his newspaper down, revealing his smirking face.

An audible groan sounded from upstairs, followed by an exasperated, "Dad!"

Your husband simply chuckled in amusement, before he fondly admired you as you came over, starting to prepare the plates.

"Roy, you know how she feels about you saying that when visitors are over," you pointed out gently, although you were grinning just as widely as he was.

"No matter who's in our house, I'm going to be the annoying dad I am anyway," he joked playfully just as both teenagers reached the base of the stairs and hungrily rushed over to the kitchen. Of course, Dallas was the first to reach his chair, being the speedster he was.

"Hello Dallas!" You greeted warmly, sending him a soft smile.

Seeming flustered by the attention he was receiving, he timidly but politely replied, "H-Hello Misses Harper! O-Oh, and just Dally is fine, really, no one really uses my real name..."

Your gaze momentarily strayed over to your husband, whom you noticed was eyeing the boy warily. You sighed faintly. Roy never was really fond of Dally.

He felt like the teen (who, for your information, looked very much like his father apart from his hair colour whom he inherited from his mother) promoted (Y/D/N)'s desire to use her powers and to fight crime. Ever since the age of 12, he'd been getting trained by Bart, and of course, (Y/D/N) felt slightly envious. She often asked her father if she could get trained too, despite the fact that he'd always say no. She was just so stubborn, a trait obviously earned from Roy.

Not only this, but he also didn't really feel like Dallas was... Worthy of his beloved daughter's attention. The blonde was rather cowardly -even at his current age, he was still afraid of the dark- and timid, although once you got to know him, he was just as much a joker and a flirt as his father. He, despite his shyness, had an open heart that had room for everyone.

(Y/D/N) and you knew that very well, unlike your husband, who never bothered to get to know the younger male. The fact that Dallas seemed a little scared of him probably didn't help prompt him to do so.

You were jolted out of your thoughts as you heard your daughter giggle, taking a place next to her best friend. You smiled tenderly at the sight of them grinning at each other as they obviously struggled to hold in their laughs.

Taking a seat as well, you started up a chat by asking them how school went, and before long, you were all babbling away.

...Well, apart from Roy, who withdrew to the couch with his newspaper once he was done eating. You watched him do so from the corner of your eye before sighing quietly to yourself. You really wished he'd take some time to get to know Dally. He really was a good little boy.

"Thank you for the meal, Misses Harper. I really enjoyed my stay," Dallas courteously thanked you, earning a chuckle from you.