Chapter 6

•••••

•••••

Keep the ones that heard you when you never said a word

•••••

The carriage rolled towards the headquarters, {Name} repeatedly tapping her foot. She could barely cooperate the boredom that overflew her during the long trip.

Ace sits across from {Name}, nervous due to the stare of the short man next to his sister. The corporals cold stare send shivers down his back and the commander laughs.

Ace's eyebrows furrow when Levi's arm goes around his sister, or what it seems to look like. Levi was just resting his arm on the seat. He crosses his legs, and stares {Name} down.

{Name} flinches at the stare he gives her.

"What? Think I'm doing this to comfort you? Tch, I'm doing this for my own comfort." Levi finally speaks for the first time during the trip.

{Name} moves over slightly, but Levi's gaze never falters from Erwin.

She looks out the window, her hand resting her chin comfortably. A big building can be seen, and from the carriage slowing down it seems to her that it's the Regiment Headquarters.

When the 4 people walk out of the carriage, horses can be found being tended to by 4 other people. From their smiles, they were like a family. Even {Name} could tell that.

{Name} looks up at her new corporal, not liking the way he showed no emotion. If she knew that she would be put into the same squad as him, she would've wanted to be put into the Military Police.

Even for a short men, maybe about 5'3, he was still taller then {Name}. She rolled her eyes when he scoffed and the girl watching him.

Ace glances at his sister and then back to the squad.

Levi leads {Name} and Ace to the 4 people. The strawberry blonde girls eyes immediately light up at the sight of Levi, but he doesn't acknowledge it by simply not caring how his recruits felt about him.

{Name} gets a bit angry by the way he just shut the girl down. It can easily be seen that she cares about him, yet he didn't even bother to acknowledge her presence.

The crew seems to get the idea and immediately brighten up at the sight of Levi just walking away.

They've heard about the new recruits, and even though most of them didn't trust her, they still wanted her to feel welcomed.

A man with a similar undercut and cravat as Levi scoffs at the sight of the two soldiers.

"More people to just die..." He gives a tch and looks away as the girl punches him.