Chapter 13

I AM SCREAMING. THANK YOU FOR 1K AND BOTHERING TO READ THIS CRAP BOOK. I LOVE YOU GUYS.

•••

•••••

•••••

Trust... in us.

•••••

Everyone sat quietly at the dining table. They all had a pensive expression, and the eeriness in the air was uncomfortable.

I tapped my foot quietly. No one was talking, and starting a conversation in this atmosphere was difficult. A couple of them were standing and spacing out.

The whole squad seemed to have a dark expression and you could see the terror in their eyes. They were scared, and I was sure of it. Levi was speaking with Eren in the dungeons, and we didn't have him to scold us for not cleaning.

As if on cue, Levi, Eren and Hanji all walked in. Eren awkwardly sat down and Hanji slammed her fist on to the table.

"What, were you taking a long shit?" Levi asked. He flipped his hair and narrowed his eyes at the brown haired woman.

"No, that went smoothly." Hanji rebuttals. "What took time was explains to our superiors what happened." She pushes up her glasses. I look over at the nervous Eren and give him a reassuring look.

Hanji then opened up her fist, and in it was a napkin. "Anyway, Eren, let's start by having you take a look at this." Eren looks down at the napkin, and Hanji unfolds it.

"A teaspoon?" I ask curiously. I squint at the utensil.

"That's right." Hanji picks up the spoon. "That right Titan you sprouted was grabbing this." She changes the position of her fingers on the spoon.

"You were holding it like this, between the thumb and index finger." Hanji finishes.

Erens face scrunched up in confusion. "Huh?"

"It's kind of hard to believe that it'd be stuck there by coincidence." Hanji starts. I nod in agreement. "And yet, for some reason, the spoon retained its shape, despite the heat you gave off and the pressure of your Titan grip.. does anything come to mind?" I raise an eyebrow in confusion.

"Ah..!" Eren gasps. "I remember bending over to pick it up." He taps his chin. "...and I turned into a Titan right after that."

Hanjis eyes widen. She observes the spoon carefully. "I see..." she whispers. Levi rolls his steel eyes. He looks towards me and I shrug.

"Maybe this has something to do with the reason you couldn't transform earlier.." Hanji inquires. "'To kill other Titans. To protect against cannon fire' or 'To lift a rock.'"

"In each of these scenarios, there was a clear objective before you changed. Maybe harming yourself alone isn't what triggers it. Maybe it won't work unless you have some sort of goal." Hanji objects.