'Resting'

Summary: (Takes place during episode 28 of the anime. Alternate universe.) When Tsuna wakes up and finds that the "burglar" from the previous night is dead, he does not panic when Reborn says he will be sent to jail. He only puts his index finger to his lips and says, "He's resting."

A/N: Hope you enjoying reading this as much as I did writing it.

⋆⋆

Tsuna opened his eyes slowly, the night before not quite catching up to him. His vision catches the sight of Reborn's fedora, and he wakes up completely, his eyes widening as he sits up quickly, letting out a surprised yelp. "Hiie!"

Reborn pointed his gun at him, unsatisfied with the way he had reacted. "Mafia Bosses don't scream, Dame-Tsuna."

Tsuna froze, his eyes on the gun. The previous times he had been shot with the Dying Will Bullet had not been pleasant. If anything, they were embarrassing and was slowly speeding up the process of ruining his already ruined reputation.

However, Reborn let the gun fall to his side, the weapon transforming back to Leon. Leon crawled back up to his spot on Reborn's fedora, tongue sticking out before he settled.

"Dame-Tsuna, you better find somewhere to hide that body." Reborn said, looking at his student.

"Eh? Body?" Tsuna got to his feet and turned his head to his bed and froze, seeing the body. "E-eh?"

"Don't you remember? You killed him." Reborn stated, waiting for his student's reaction.

Instead, Tsuna closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Then, he grabbed a nearby chair and sat next to the edge of his bed and stared at the corpse before him, his expression looking like he was being thoughtful. About a corpse.

"Thinking?" Reborn said, attempting to gather information about his student's odd behaviour.

Tsuna nodded, his eyes still on the man.

Reborn wondered if his student already knew about the not-dead body before him. But that was impossible. During his stay, Tsuna had proven more than enough that he was what the reports had said about him. Flames sealed. No-good. Terrible. Clumsy. So why was he staring at a motionless body?

Soon enough, Gokudera and Yamamoto, along with I-Pin and Lambo burst into the room, laughing, yelling, or playing around until they saw the body.

"What's this?" Yamamoto asked, careful not to knock over the playing children.

"A dead body. Dame-Tsuna killed him." Reborn answered.

"Really?" Gokudera said, his previous anger gone from the argument, replaced with sparkling green eyes. "Congratulations, Tenth!"

Yamamoto laughed, clearly not understanding the situation. "Oh, so it's another game!"

Gokudera immediately flipped his personality over again, and began arguing with the baseball player. The noise increased dramatically, and Reborn didn't mind, interested in what Tsuna had to say. Or panic about, really.

However, Tsuna wasn't panicking. He turned his head from the body for the first time since the pair and children had entered the room, and placed an index finger to his lips, silent.

Yamamoto was the first to notice the gesture, turning Gokudera's interest from him to his friend. "Tsuna, what's wrong?"

Gokudera's eyes widened, and he bowed, apologizing for the lack of attention he had given his boss. "Sorry, Tenth!"

Tsuna didn't say anything about Gokudera's high view of him, nor did he answer Yamamoto's question. Shaking his head, he let out a breath between his lips, and turned back to the body, silent once more.

Having nothing to do, Yamamoto and Gokudera exchanged a glance, and then fell silent as well, standing next to Tsuna. Gokudera on his right, and Yamamoto in his left.

Reborn stared, immensely baffled about his student's behaviour. But he brushed it off. It was time to call the skylark.

⋆⋆

Hibari leapt into the room right on time, but was slightly surprised himself when he saw the herbivores, especially the usually more herbivorous herbivore of the three quiet at the sight of a motionless body.

"I'm here to dispose the body." Hibari's flat voice announced his arrival, and Gokudera turned swiftly, anger igniting his eyes as he opened his mouth to say (yell) something at the skylark.

But Tsuna wouldn't have it, grabbing Gokudera's wrist before he could go any farther. He shook his head, and took the man's hand, unbothered by the fact that a Reborn had told him before that it was a corpse.

Then, he placed a finger on his lips, and let out a quiet hush, a small smile forming in his face, tilting his head at them. "He's resting."

Both Hibari and Reborn were suddenly aware of the darkness in Tsuna's eyes, the strangely eerie tone in his calm voice. His posture, his aura. Everything radiated something a leader — a Mafia Boss — should have.

Involuntarily, a shiver crossed everybody's spine in the brunet's room, all their attention on Tsuna's weirdly faded brown eyes.

"He's resting." Tsuna repeated once more, and turned to wait until the man would stop pretending.